Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Ok, my friends. I need help. I'm sorry this is Turkey not chicken, but I don't know where else to go at this point. There is a flock of turkeys that just recently appeared, and they seem to feel they want to live HERE. They came runnin for our yard and are incredibly friendly. They had trouble gettin up there, but eventually managed to get on my porch roof the first night and slept there. Then, last night, they came back and roosted right the heck on my front porch railing! They do all but sit in our laps!!!! They are begging for attenion, and I have a feeling they must have been domestic raised or they wouldn't be like this. I want ot help them, but don't want to be breaking some kind of law if they are really "wild" turkeys. Can someone tell me what they are and if I should help them? I am wlling to give them a safe happy home if they were dumped off, but not sure what is right to do. Called the wildlife center and they are at a loss. They told me to call turkey farms, but no one seems to know what to do. All I know is they are pooping all over, and I would prefer they not poop RIGHT HERE. Took me two hours to scrub my porch!!! Thanks!!!

The wild turkeys around me never come near humans. I would think they are/were someones turkeys. Any of your neighbors
missing any turkeys? They look darker than the wild turkeys by me.

Ok, my friends. I need help. I'm sorry this is Turkey not chicken, but I don't know where else to go at this point. There is a flock of turkeys that just recently appeared, and they seem to feel they want to live HERE. They came runnin for our yard and are incredibly friendly. They had trouble gettin up there, but eventually managed to get on my porch roof the first night and slept there. Then, last night, they came back and roosted right the heck on my front porch railing! They do all but sit in our laps!!!! They are begging for attenion, and I have a feeling they must have been domestic raised or they wouldn't be like this. I want ot help them, but don't want to be breaking some kind of law if they are really "wild" turkeys. Can someone tell me what they are and if I should help them? I am wlling to give them a safe happy home if they were dumped off, but not sure what is right to do. Called the wildlife center and they are at a loss. They told me to call turkey farms, but no one seems to know what to do. All I know is they are pooping all over, and I would prefer they not poop RIGHT HERE. Took me two hours to scrub my porch!!! Thanks!!!
Looks like someone's flock, for sure. Do you have a place at the local grocery store or feed store you can check? I bet someone has posted that they are missing. You could even advertise that they passed through to weed out the responses from hunters or opportunists.

Not wild turkeys. They are too dark. My dad and I would like to bring a 6 pack and some turkey treats out to your place and hang out with your new friends.

Look what I caught last night!

Woo hoo, one less raccoon to cause trouble :D

Well:

I'll add my two cents....whoever owns them probably has invested money in them...I'd check CL lost/found and the local feed outlets....other than that,,,,,feed them make them happy and arrange with Wingstone or Fisherlady to help process them... I was counting 10 birds....maybe the opportunity to give one to a family in need....my two cents....

smack.gif
.......Pickle eater!! Not you Stake..MC!! Stake, just want to say you are such a help to people, Thank you....keep those sites you post coming!!
Trying to catch-up with everyone, yes I do read what I miss....that is why it takes me forever to comment!!
I think things will slow down as the weather cools down...maybe..,still working on getting things ready for 'winter-bed' and still canning..
th.gif
, this garden is going to be the death of me!!
But will really appreciate it come January!!
frow.gif
Hello to all the new people...Loving the coop modification pictures people!!! keep them coming!!! awesome
big_smile.png

Hoping all of those with predator problems can get them rectified, and fast!! So sorry for your loses...truly
hugs.gif
!
Just a warning now, I will be posting pictures soon again....not sure of what yet, but I like to take pics sooo, you have been for-warned!!
Congrats on the start of your new company Ebeware!! (sp?!)..sorry, Good Luck!!!! oh, and the whole 'old people' thing..yeah, we know
old.gif
Lisa-
highfive.gif
it is always so cool when that first egg comes!!! Awesome!!! Glad you are enjoying your girls!!!...They are fun, right!!..
love.gif

And to all those who have had to send the kids back to school...
hugs.gif
...things will settle into their routines and calm down....It is a little sad though, I do remember...they grow up too fast!!
My girls are 20 & 23 now....and one has made me Grandma!!!......Man, I am old!!!...

Silkie- if I had more room.....
tongue.png
!!
Blarney- OMG...be careful with those Piggies...wow, you could put a saddle on them!!!! hummmmm....I wish I could still have bacon!!
droolin.gif

Hey, Missy & Ladyhawk!!!!
frow.gif

Galgo...when is the next "get-together"??? hahaha....would love to see everyone again before the weather ..turns!!! And besides...I think MC and I need another long road trip together!!!
wink.png
.....will be bringing CAWFFEE..this time!!
***I know someone asked about CPT, but I think I am way out of the way...I usually am, that is why I don't generally comment on it...
hmm.png

Sorry, I know I have missed a ton of people....my memory is not that great!!!!

Okay, I know you all have had enough of me now!!!...Hope EVERYONE has a great day!!!!

amen to the canning, have stabbed, sliced my hand and fingers, among other things, but still keep right on canning and freezing, lets face it, we like to eat what we grow
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom