Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Nice outfit missy. Glad your wedding is still on!

Got my first wyandotte egg today:weee It was laid in the box! I hope the othegirls start to lay too, they are 7 months old, been waiting forever!

thumbsup.gif

congrats on the egg!! It does take them quite awhile to get eggs from them, but once they start...woohoo!!! I am loving mine, they are very consistent!

Sorry I've been MIA again...was having a small heart attack....ya'll have heard about this shut-down thing...right?? Well my wedding is scheduled for Army Heritage Canter....federal land. After seeing on the news that 2 poor brides, one for the same date as me, and one for the following weekend were told by Gettysburg that their weddings were cancelled...well...I not so slowly lost my mind. Luckily, my contact at AHEC called me and told me she's not furloughed...and she wants my wedding to happen more than I do!

Here is my outfit from my bachelorette party....it was a blast!

Nice outfit, Missy, but I think if we were together our corsets would clash! Lol. I'm sur things will work out for your wedding, congratulations!

Awesome outfit!!!! I love the corset!!
love.gif

I'm hoping to get one soon, but it'd need to be custom made according to my lingerie lady and everything I've looked up about "off the shelf" ones. So it's an unnecessary expense right now, maybe I can talk the other half into getting me one for Christmas.
wink.png
One of my daughters is a clothing designer. She does custom work including corsets. PM me if you are interested. She is currently working in LA.

I am re-posting this one more time before I junk it... Or eat it.

FREE
Mini fridge - not working. Great for a home made incubator!
I bought my Sportsman and scraped the project.

$20 Each
Large Bantam Chocolate Orp Roos.
I paid $100 each last Feb. They are about 7-9lbs each. Just molted and half their feathers
are the rich, dark chocolate they once were (they are sun bleached).
If you want to work on a LF chocolate project of any kind, these boys are the ones you want!
They are going in the freezer next week if not sold.

Benton, PA​

Hi everybody! I just went to a barn sale today and got some great deals, but I started talking to a gentleman there about backyard poultry. He said over and over that ducks are the ways to go as far as egg laying and easiness to keep goes. Anybody have any opinions about this? I still want chickens for sure, but I'm curious if any of you have ducks as well. Do they lay a lot? Are they easier to keep? Thanks!

IMO, ducks are better at foraging than most chickens, without needing supplemental feed. If you don't have the space to let them free range, they are much messier in an enclosed area than chickens are. I can't comment to egg laying, though my ducks lay for about 5 months before quitting for the season. They're pekins, blue Swedish or scovies, and this is true of all 3 kinds. An egg-specific type of duck might lay longer.

Hi everybody! I just went to a barn sale today and got some great deals, but I started talking to a gentleman there about backyard poultry. He said over and over that ducks are the ways to go as far as egg laying and easiness to keep goes. Anybody have any opinions about this? I still want chickens for sure, but I'm curious if any of you have ducks as well. Do they lay a lot? Are they easier to keep? Thanks!

alot of people prefer duck eggs to eat and cook with, alot don't, my mil loved the duck eggs to bake with but didn't care to eat them, said they were to strong, so i guess just depends on what you want. husband doesn't like duck eggs either so we just have chickens.
D.gif

First let me explain how I am set up....one very large pen with 3 coops in the middle...all birds are kept together....if I am breeding a specific breed they get moved to a breeding pen........now

In the spring one of my first sets that will move to breeding will be the bresse...offering eggs or chicks to any one here in pa at that time.....would like to see this breed get a good start in pa......
I will be very interested when you are ready. This is one breed I really wanted to get into.

One of my daughters is a clothing designer. She does custom work including corsets. PM me if you are interested. She is currently working in LA.
Thank you for the offer. It's only because I'm, um...so "well endowed" that it has to be custom. From what my lingerie lady said and what I've read most "off the shelf" corsets are designed for no larger than a C cup. I'll leave it at, that won't cut it for me if I want it to actually shape my waist.

I am re-posting this one more time before I junk it... Or eat it.

FREE
Mini fridge - not working. Great for a home made incubator!
I bought my Sportsman and scraped the project.

$20 Each
Large Bantam Chocolate Orp Roos.
I paid $100 each last Feb. They are about 7-9lbs each. Just molted and half their feathers
are the rich, dark chocolate they once were (they are sun bleached).
If you want to work on a LF chocolate project of any kind, these boys are the ones you want!
They are going in the freezer next week if not sold.

Benton, PA​
Hold on to the fridge for me please. I'll be back up for more feed in about a week, I'm caving in and gonna try a bator... Even though we now have 3 broody hens and the mallard duck is still insisting on trying to be a momma this year.

IMO, ducks are better at foraging than most chickens, without needing supplemental feed. If you don't have the space to let them free range, they are much messier in an enclosed area than chickens are. I can't comment to egg laying, though my ducks lay for about 5 months before quitting for the season. They're pekins, blue Swedish or scovies, and this is true of all 3 kinds. An egg-specific type of duck might lay longer.

Anne, I agree. If you want them for eggs you should look into khaki cambells or one of the egg breeds from Metzer farms or somewhere similar. But they are VERY messy if you don't have the room for them to roam. I love duck eggs for baking or frying and so does Gavin, but some people don't. If you want to sell them, I'd do some checking and see if there is an Asian population near you. I guess they prefer duck eggs over chicken eggs, or at least around here they do. I have a few people interested once they start laying, all of Asian descent or recent immigrants. That's part of why I want to get some KCs or may be the white layer from Metzer. I'm not picking on any one race it's just what I've noticed around here, and been told by my friends from Vietnam and China.

Awesome outfit!!!! I love the corset!! :love

I'm hoping to get one soon, but it'd need to be custom made according to my lingerie lady and everything I've looked up about "off the shelf" ones. So it's an unnecessary expense right now, maybe I can talk the other half into getting me one for Christmas. ;)

I got this one at the RenFaire. And my green one...I've got some of the cheap chinese ones, but much prefer a measured corset to a S-5X...prefer steel bones, though I believe this one is surgical grade plastic bones. I got it for the very unique hardware on the front. My next one will be all leather. Looking at Steelbones or Stormy Leather. You're up towards New Hope, right? Le Chateau Exotique carries some awesome corsets, and can help fit you.

Yep blarney, that is what I am finding out, the iPad is great but does not accept a lot of the programs I am used to using.

WOW!!! Missy you look great, how you manage the that diet and still keep the boobs...that seems to be the only thing I have lost.

Newbies, the only breed I can offer that's different than what everyone else is offering is white bresse or serama..also a few duck breeds and quail

Need to ask,,,I stopped at 2 different farm stores yesterday to get antibiotics to treat my rooster with and corid and antibiotics are sold out...is it a sign of a bad winter

Wing, that's the only place I don't lose weight...which means I'm currently up to a J cup...and with still losing weight..it could go higher....ugh! I'm gonna topple over one of these days from being so top heavy!

I want some of your bresse in the spring! Did you wind up raising turks this year? I've been more off than on....can't keep track.

WOW Missy..you look great!!!  LOVE LOVE LOVE the outfit!!!:love ...riding crop and cat-o-nine in the accessories??...just kidding..:bun . So glad to hear the wedding is still a "GO"!! 

Ummm...no....that's his job...though I have a dressage whip.

Nice outfit, Missy, but I think if we were together our corsets would clash! Lol. I'm sur things will work out for your wedding, congratulations!

Several of the guys were in kilts, including our officiant, DH was in leather pants. And most of the ladies were in corsets.

My scovies don't lay worth a darn. They just like to be yard candy...soon they will be table candy.

IMO, ducks are better at foraging than most chickens, without needing supplemental feed. If you don't have the space to let them free range, they are much messier in an enclosed area than chickens are.  I can't comment to egg laying, though my ducks lay for about 5 months before quitting for the season. They're pekins, blue Swedish or scovies, and this is true of all 3 kinds. An egg-specific type of duck might lay longer.

I sooo wish I could let mine free range...stupid neigbors.

Back
Top Bottom