Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Thank you Blarney. That set up has a few down sides also. those birds are very easy for hawks to just swoop in unnoticed, I do have to go out at night and do head counts when they sleep.. and i still only have 10 birds.... the road is fairly close and also claims a few of the slow one's... I have seen my girls out in the grass eating while robin's and starlings are walking right beside them, this can also carry a few issue's...
with all that said, to me it is very important that the set up be as natural as possible and I accept a certain amount of loss... you need to be ready to cull for anything that is not right...

Ray, I still can not believe you wear sandals, and that little rooster takes care of himself, and quite often win's those battles

later that night after blarney left, the older white muscovy figured out they could fly, the driveway was a race track...ouch, those wings hurt

Last edited:
Anyone have any good remedies for stress headaches.
No alcohol, that causes an entirely different kind of headache
No doctor, no, not happening, need every penny for lawyer
Thought about packing car and just driving away, that would not solve anything

Looking on the bright side of it, my pen's are very clean right now since when I get mad or stressed I clean instead of eat like most people.
Birds may be walking in mud outside but inside is all good.
Try supplementing your diet with magnesium oxide and B2 (riboflavin). They can both be found in stores like Walmart. My six year old son suffers headaches - including stress - and the neurologist recommended adding these to his diet daily. My mom and I have tried it too and it seems to work.

Last edited:
chippysMom, Silkie is in Ohio. PA has shut down fairs, anything that is Supported by the state. Privately funded shows, swaps and auctions are open at their own discretion....for now. I got an e-mail last night that the PA fairs are now also including eggs and terminal (broiler) projects with the ban. Some of the 4-H project broilers were going to be shown and judged off fair grounds, the new email prohibits any 'congregating' of live birds, even if they're to be processed that evening- which was our plan....oh well.

Silkie....such a bummer, can you process your extras?

Rogers auction is in Ohio too... Not far over the border so most of us western PAers are familiar. That is so disappointing, I hadn't been to the poultry auction yet and was really wanting to go this summer to check it out.

I just have to share. My little silkie "Circle" just hatched her first chick!!! It's our first chick hatched on our farm!!!!!! I'm in love!!!!!! Now let's see if the other 5 hatch!!! YAY!!!!! One proud Chicken Mommy right here!!!

congrats...
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom