Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I like scrapple, why?

Somehow Bridget is escaping the fenced yard. The little guys can go thru the fence, but I think she must be going over somehow. Silly girl.

In other news, Zippy has fuzzy legs. So do Pete and DupliCate, but I didn't get a pic of them.

I think this is going to be a very elegant looking bird. Male or female? Any guesses? Hatched June 7.
Rooster

I need to build one as well. Do you ha

:frow

Shady Maple! Love that place.

I'm busting my butt trying to complete a brooder for 4-H. Fundraising Auction. It's killing me because I need a brooder for myself right now! I may be bidding on my own donation. Lol
I need to build one as well. Are you using a plan or do you have a drawing or picture? I'd love to get some ideas. I have old doors that I was going to try and repurpose.

hello all! first I love the broody in the pine shavings can! She has found a safe place for sure!

Today I got my first ever.......blue-green egg! Yeah.........its small , of course its the first egg of a this gals! Its definitely what i would call an olive egger..........buts its also not robin egg blue. I will post pictures soon.

Nice thing is that it was in the nest box!

I had noticed that one of my younger ones had started squatting.............yet since I do let them roam the yard quite a bit.............i was figuring the first egg could be just about anywhere...................actually it still might be!

I tend to keep the gals in the coop til nearly noon...............and then let them out.

My thinking is that on days when I work I dont get home til closer to mid or late afternoon.............and they need to stay used to being in the coop / run for the first half of the day.

After noon I just think its too hot and I want them to enjoy the yard.

Stay tune..............not sure when my other 3 young ones will start laying. One is a welsummer and I am eager to see her egg!

Pretty!   Wish I had known you wanted/needed one...I had a big one of Rooster's that I couldn't use....already had 2 :)

I saw the rooster one there too! If it's a 2016, I'll pay for the shipping! ;)

hello all!   first I love the broody in the pine shavings can!    She has found a safe place for sure!

Today I got my first ever.......blue-green egg!    Yeah.........its small , of course its the first egg of a this gals!   Its definitely what i would call an olive egger..........buts its also not robin egg blue.  I will post pictures soon.

Nice thing is that it was in the nest box!

I had noticed that one of my younger ones had started squatting.............yet since I do let them roam the yard quite a bit.............i was figuring the first egg could be just about anywhere...................actually it still might be!

I tend to keep the gals in the coop til nearly noon...............and then let them out.

My thinking is that on days when I work I dont get home til closer to  mid or late afternoon.............and they need to stay used to being in the coop / run for the first half of the day.      

After noon I just think its too hot and I want them to enjoy the yard.

Stay tune..............not sure when my other 3 young ones will start laying.    One is a welsummer and I am eager to see her egg!

How many do you have now Lisa?

I saw the rooster one there too! If it's a 2016, I'll pay for the shipping!
wink.png

How many do you have now Lisa?
Hi Anne-----I have 3 from my original set and 4 new ones.................so 7 all together.

I lost one .......she was just gone.............dont know if she ran off or was taken by a predator...............just gone.

All my eggs so far have been light brown except for todays firs greenish blue egg!

Here are my breeds:
New Hampshire Red
Silver Laced Wyandotte
Golden laced wyandotte

younger ones
columbian wyandotte
2 easter eggers
welsummer

I really love the wyandotte breed yet also wanted some new colors.

If I am able to continue raising chickens for a long time.............I can see myself trying to gather or collect all differenty types of wyandottes!

Hi Anne-----I have 3 from my original set and 4 new ones.................so 7 all together.

I lost one .......she was just gone.............dont know if she ran off or was taken by a predator...............just gone.

All my eggs so far have been light brown except for todays firs greenish blue egg!

Here are my breeds:
New Hampshire Red
Silver Laced Wyandotte
Golden laced wyandotte

younger ones
columbian wyandotte
2 easter eggers
welsummer

I really love the wyandotte breed yet also wanted some new colors.

If I am able to continue raising chickens for a long time.............I can see myself trying to gather or collect all differenty types of wyandottes!
What color eggs do your Silver Laced Wyandottes lay? I have SLW and Black Australorps and would like to be able to know what color eggs to expect from both. All I currently know if they will lay large "brown" eggs. I still have about two months to wait before they lay anyway.

Back
Top Bottom