Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Well, looks like my only lavender chick is undeniably a boy. Heard some practice crowing from the coop yesterday morning. Has never done it in front of me, but I'm sure my other four are ladies. What do you guys think? Definitely a roo, right?

Also, is anyone in the area interested in a Lavender Orpington roo?
hu.gif
He's pretty friendly and charismatic, has been handled regularly since I got him from Lancaster Fancy Fowl about 18 weeks ago. He was the snuggliest chick. Don't really need a noise ordinance violation though, especially since I'll be relocating within the area soon and can't guarantee the next neighbors will be cool with rooster crowing.

(1st picture at 3 weeks or so, second at 9 weeks and 3rd was at 14 weeks)

How is everyone doing? Sorry I've been quite busy with making party stuff for my nieces reception as well as cookies.

I had a coon kill 11 of my chickens in the middle of all of this party stuff !! Boys was I ******! So I had to move them to the main coop. It was my banties and momma silkies with 4 babies just born the day before. They are all safe now! Think I might put concert inside and out of the walls so I'm sure they are good! I will be getting more but not sure when!

Hope everyone is doing good!

Guys, I hatched my first little duckling today! I had to assist because she was 4 days late. She got out, and seems a little weak but otherwise is great. She was the only fertile egg in the batch under my broody. She's a call duck.

I looooove ducklings... this is the first duckling I've ever had/held/hatched. So exciting!
congratulations he is a cutie!

Well, looks like my only lavender chick is undeniably a boy. Heard some practice crowing from the coop yesterday morning. Has never done it in front of me, but I'm sure my other four are ladies. What do you guys think? Definitely a roo, right?

Also, is anyone in the area interested in a Lavender Orpington roo?
hu.gif
He's pretty friendly and charismatic, has been handled regularly since I got him from Lancaster Fancy Fowl about 18 weeks ago. He was the snuggliest chick. Don't really need a noise ordinance violation though, especially since I'll be relocating within the area soon and can't guarantee the next neighbors will be cool with rooster crowing.

(1st picture at 3 weeks or so, second at 9 weeks and 3rd was at 14 weeks)

He does look like a boy. Let's see, who on this list likes Orpingtons . . .

Oh Blarney, where are you? Want a Lavender roo?

Almost makes me want ducks. So adorable.

In other news, I think Zippy, Cate, DupliCate, and Ruth are girls and Pete is a boy. I think. Maybe.

That would be a nice ratio! I've been hatching mostly males recently - got 10 males from 11 Rhodebar chicks about 2 weeks ago.

If Pete is a girl too and you need a rooster, I'm sure someone close to you will hook you up with one.

Sorry guys, I'm going to be a thread hog lol. Today, my 7-8 week old babies decided to venture out of the coop and do some exploring in the run (they didn't go any further than that though). I had to take some pictures. Of course, they're not the best because of my tablet but still.

They were learning how to use the nipple waterer and discovered that there's another food dish outside lol

Guys, I hatched my first little duckling today! I had to assist because she was 4 days late. She got out, and seems a little weak but otherwise is great. She was the only fertile egg in the batch under my broody. She's a call duck.

I looooove ducklings... this is the first duckling I've ever had/held/hatched. So exciting!

Congrats! Ducklings are soooo cute it's tempting to hatch one just to have a baby duck for a while.

I need 3 fertile black cooper maran eggs if possible. I have a broody i wanna set under her.

Have you checked with Dheltzel? He has a good variety.

How is everyone doing? Sorry I've been quite busy with making party stuff for my nieces reception as well as cookies.

I had a coon kill 11 of my chickens in the middle of all of this party stuff !! Boys was I ******! So I had to move them to the main coop. It was my banties and momma silkies with 4 babies just born the day before. They are all safe now! Think I might put concert inside and out of the walls so I'm sure they are good! I will be getting more but not sure when!

Hope everyone is doing good!

So sorry for your loss! That's a lot of birds to get taken and I'm sure there were some of your favorites. :hugs

That would be a nice ratio!  I've been hatching mostly males recently - got 10 males from 11 Rhodebar chicks about 2 weeks ago.

If Pete is a girl too and you need a rooster, I'm sure someone close to you will hook you up with one.

That's crazy! 10 out of 11!? Have you slowed down your hatching a bit now? I imagine the worst Rush is over for people wanting chicks.

Very cool Aurora! Looks like they are doing well.

Back
Top Bottom