Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Oh my gosh! You couldn't even get in the booths to shop on Saturday... It was more crowded than Disney World! Sunday was honestly great crowd-wise compared to Saturday. A woman on the shuttle bus told us that they came Saturday and they got turned away because all of the lots were full.

Oh, I am so sorry I missed this! Where was the show?

@Chippy. I was there Saturday and Sunday and you are quite right, Saturday was unbelievably crowded.

For those who can't make it to the show, it's being shown on local cable. We have Verizon and it's on Chanel 9 on my cable, saw the Sheep to Shaw, an explanation of why there's no poultry and the Quick Breads judging today while I folded wash. I waited in no lines, sat on no busses and fought no crowds, pretty sweet.

That does sound sweet. While watching it on TV can never compare to seeing it in real life, it does beat being in the crowds.

Hello. I started raising chickens in March of 2015. I have 31 chickens and 9 ducks. Have 20 eggs in incubator that are developing. I'm from Mercer county.

Hello. I started raising chickens in March of 2015. I have 31 chickens and 9 ducks. Have 20 eggs in incubator that are developing. I'm from Mercer county.

Welcome!
Lots of people hang out here for fun and to help in any ways we can. Some of us are considerably more "crazy" than you (not sure if that is reassuring or not). I have about 50 eggs due to hatch tomorrow and another 350 in the incubators to hatch in the next 2 to 3 weeks. Obviously, most of these are for sale, I can't possibly raise that many.

Does anyone have any ameraucana hens? Id like to get a couple more

What color birds are you looking for? Do you want purebred Ams, or just good layers of blue or green eggs?
If you are looking for older pullets that are near point of lay or already laying, those are going to be a lot harder to locate, especially this time of year.
I will soon have a lot of chicks that lay blue eggs, but my purebred Ams have not started laying, so those won't be available until later in the spring.

If I get my barn built this year I'll probably shoot for tons more lol. I have 4 different coops right now. Hatching silkies at the moment just for fun (not for eggs). I might hit some Easter sales to add assortment to my flock this year. My chickens started as a homeschool project and I fell in love lol. went from 11 to 31. I would have 33 but 2 died :( . I'm hatching in the house think hubby would kill me if I did as many as you lol. especially since i keep them in livingroom 2 months min.

What color birds are you looking for? Do you want purebred Ams, or just good layers of blue or green eggs?
If you are looking for older pullets that are near point of lay or already laying, those are going to be a lot harder to locate, especially this time of year.
I will soon have a lot of chicks that lay blue eggs, but my purebred Ams have not started laying, so those won't be available until later in the spring.
So lots of your California Greys are laying now? I thought you just start getting eggs from them. Are they really good layers?

Back
Top Bottom