Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

So I came home from running the chicken train and resisted temptation to get any new birds... and you know what hubs came home from work with yesterday???? Four and a half dozen pheasant eggs and an incubator!!! I'm not sure where we are going to put them when they hatch (or how many will actually hatch, hubs friend says his hatch rate is really low), but we should have some tiny little chipmunk peeps for Mother's day, lol. These eggs are SO tiny!

Romeo update... I watched him in his crate in the coop for one day when I got back and then released him to re-integrate with his girls. He still has his eyeball in the injured eye! I thought it was just an empty hole, but the swelling is totally gone, no more pus, and he keeps it open (mostly) now and his eyeball is intact! There was a little bit of gunk in it yesterday so I put a little more Terramycin on it just to be safe. He doesn't appear to be USING that eye, but at least it's still there.

Aww, pheasants! So cute :)

I'm so halt Romeo is doing better. It's wonderful news to hear!

Sunshine and Lollipop were playing in the tub yesterday :)

I agree! The mottled gene makes them like that. It's funny how they start out mostly white and end up mostly black. Anconas used to be the mainstay of white egg producers, before Leghorns took over because they are smaller birds that can be crammed into smaller cages. Blue Andalusians used to be hugely popular also, until they also lost the commercial crown to leghorns.

Enjoy those Anconas, they should be awesome birds.

I got them so ideal wouldn't put boy packing peanuts in box and am happy the did. Also got black Sumatra pullets? I won't be able to keep everyone but going to wait and see what they look like before picking. Should have a very diverse flock! And I finally have my flock of EI. So far everyone is looking good. I believe I have 6 girls and 1 boy. Might have two boys. And two Snowy Mallard females but I'm not counting for sure till they get older. Still look kinda fragile.

Oh the Dark Cornish are cute chicks too! I lost one of my white laced Cornish yesterday but everyone else is doing amazing. Going to pick up the other 25 chicks now. Hes pretty sure they are RIR but I'll post picks when I get home. Fluffy butt I do have 2 barred rocks.

@dheltzelQuestion for or anyone who knows about this bush. Does anybody know what this shrub is? I'd like to take it out and replace it with a prettier or more productive variety. It does have some small flower buds on i

Back
Top Bottom