Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Sprinkles is in the house tonight and not doing well. He's very wobbly and weak. I thought he was doing ok out there in the seperation pen, just waiting to get big enough to integrate, but apparently, he's been on a hunger strike :( I guess the other turkeys were reaching through the fencing when they could to steal some of his food, making it look like he was eating what I was giving him. When I brought him in, all he wanted to do was snuggle. He's like a magnet now! It was hard work to pry him away from me for 2 seconds to feed him! I cooked up a turkey egg, blended it with water, a few drops of tri-vi-sol, and 2 drops of mallasses and forced it down his throat with an eye dropper. I have him in the bathtub now with a couple chicks for company. They barely reach his knees but he needs someone, other than me, for the night to be with. I hope I can nurse him back to health. He's such a sweetie but a big baby too. Looks like he'll be back in the brooder stomping around again for a while. Too big for a brooder but too small for the coop. What am I going to do with him!

He'll make it! You identified the problem and are remedying (sp?) it quickly. Keep us posted! :hugs

7 chicks in the incubator this morning now. 14 eggs had made it lockdown. The one that was having trouble last night had made no more progress, so I helped to zip around the shell this morning, but left the membrane intact. I have to leave for work in an hour and a half, so it's up to him at that point. Membrane brand looks good, not dry. Humidity is at about 69-70%. We shall see...

Also, my broody girls are doing well with their hatch, they have at least 9 or 10 I think. Always hard to tell! Helga my Bielefelder is sitting on a nest with fake eggs, she must have lost her place yesterday. So tonight I will slide some of the incubator chicks under her butt. I'm sure she won't mind! :lol:

He'll make it! You identified the problem and are remedying (sp?) it quickly. Keep us posted! :hugs

7 chicks in the incubator this morning now. 14 eggs had made it lockdown. The one that was having trouble last night had made no more progress, so I helped to zip around the shell this morning, but left the membrane intact. I have to leave for work in an hour and a half, so it's up to him at that point. Membrane brand looks good, not dry. Humidity is at about 69-70%. We shall see...

Also, my broody girls are doing well with their hatch, they have at least 9 or 10 I think. Always hard to tell! Helga my Bielefelder is sitting on a nest with fake eggs, she must have lost her place yesterday. So tonight I will slide some of the incubator chicks under her butt. I'm sure she won't mind! :lol:

I really hope he makes it. He's my sweet baby! He was easier to feed with the eye dropper this morning. I don't know if that's a good sign or not :/ I'm Amado treating him for cocci, just in case. He's still extremely wobbly and very tired. I just put him back in the bathtub with a crop full of vitamin water/egg smoothie. I'm going to check on him again in an hour or so.

I'm glad you're having a good hatch! Any of them my eggs? Or do they have another week yet?

Good morning all:

Been a while....worstt software implementation I've seen in a long while....so, Sorry to hear Auro, and Anne,,,,you've lost total control if you have three broodiies and an incubator going at the same time....

still trying to get the garden in and planted...things are pretty quiet for me on the chicken front....(just not enough room for more).....

I really hope he makes it. He's my sweet baby! He was easier to feed with the eye dropper this morning. I don't know if that's a good sign or not :/ I'm Amado treating him for cocci, just in case. He's still extremely wobbly and very tired. I just put him back in the bathtub with a crop full of vitamin water/egg smoothie. I'm going to check on him again in an hour or so.

I'm glad you're having a good hatch! Any of them my eggs? Or do they have another week yet?

I think some of them are your eggs, the turkey eggs have another week to go. I put your eggs in the bator, and split up Dheltzel. I can't keep track of whose is whose, you and Dheltzel have similar writing apparently. Haha. Will try to post pics tonight. Once they dry, they are going underneath my broody Bielefelder, and maybe some of the other girls.

Go Sprinkles go!

The one chick I assisted this morning seems to have been stuck to the membrane in a couple spots. I think he will make it though.

Good morning all:

Been a while....worstt software implementation I've seen in a long while....so, Sorry to hear Auro, and Anne,,,,you've lost total control if you have three broodiies and an incubator going at the same time....

still trying to get the garden in and planted...things are pretty quiet for me on the chicken front....(just not enough room for more).....

Change is always hard. I think they did a great job. We had a ton of info and pictures to transfer over. And my hubby is in the IT filed, so we know how rough that can be.

Yeah, I'm getting a bit full over here.

I'm too old for change. Took me forever to find this thread. Ugh...got to get back to work. Glad it's back. Missed you all.

Glad you found us! Lovely to see you.:frow

Back
Top Bottom