Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Everyone wish us luck! While I was watering the garden, I happened to look over at our hives and saw two bees exploring one. I'm hoping that they were scouts and that they find it appealing! We've had them baited with lemongrass oil and a chunk of beeswax for well over a month now.

IMG_1396.JPG IMG_1399.jpg

Now for a broody overload!

First time mama, Silver Welbar, with her baby. She loves him and talks to him when he's under her but when he's out, she almost looks at him like he's some kind of weird alien. She'll peck him here and there when he's out but I think she's figuring it out. I'm watching her close.

IMG_1408.JPG

Angel, also a first time mama. She's a little rough from breeding season but she's quite happy with her babies. I gave her the one that Ana stole from Honey since she's doing so well with the other one. Ana has been looking like she's about ready to take her babies out and the little guy she tried to adopt just hatched last night and isn't ready for that yet.

IMG_1411.JPG

And of course, Ana, being a wonderful mama, like always!

IMG_1419.JPG

IMG_1421.JPG

Okay! I'll keep the older set for you. They are girls but I do have a BR roo to I might try to sneak in with them.... lol

You will have to talk to my hubby about that roo! I think I'll have him drive us to your place without telling him where we are going. Then when we get there we'll explain that we finally got him his Barred Rock chickens he has been looking for! How much money do you want for them? I hope $20 total is reasonable since you have held them for us for so long! Any chance you can post a picture of them sometime? Thanks! :celebrate

View attachment 907790 @Auroradream26 Here are the poults that hatched. I still have the bator on in case I get any late peeps.

Looks like 2 bourbon reds and a mottled black. Sometimes I have late hatchers so hopefully you'll get a couple more.

Girls are playing musical babies. I checked on everyone at bedtime and Ana had 5 again and Angel had 1 again. The Welbar still has hers. There's that one still in the bator with the unabsorbed yolk sack. He's moving around good so if he absorbs it overnight, maybe I'll give him to Angel to raise.

You will have to talk to my hubby about that roo! I think I'll have him drive us to your place without telling him where we are going. Then when we get there we'll explain that we finally got him his Barred Rock chickens he has been looking for! How much money do you want for them? I hope $20 total is reasonable since you have held them for us for so long! Any chance you can post a picture of them sometime? Thanks! :celebrate
Yep 20 is fine and I'd throw in the roo lol. I'll try to get some pics tomorrow. Since I started letting them free range with big girls its hard to get them to sit still!

Yep 20 is fine and I'd throw in the roo lol. I'll try to get some pics tomorrow. Since I started letting them free range with big girls its hard to get them to sit still!

If you don't mind if the roo becomes dinner someday then you can throw him in. I don't really want any roosters anymore because they are always so aggressive but if he ends up being a nice boy then hubby may be able to talk me into keeping him. Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom