people with house chickens

Pics
Lol! Dottie is so cute.
love.gif

I've always wondered what would happen if a chicken laid her egg in her diaper.
idunno.gif
lol.png

Doesn't come out, and you end up cleaning alot of poop out of the diaper
lau.gif

i dont know how u all do it; how do u have chickens that look better groomed then my two lhasa apsos... all that fluff.. and the amount of dirt that clings to fuzz and fur... lilee the lhas a is like a magnet for anything that sticks: stickers, pot scrubbers, leaves, tape, paper, food, chicken turds and chicken feed (
i have 22 thai chickens living with us in the house now and about to go crazy...!!!!!! and i have a sneaking suspicion that my husband has no plans for moving these guys to the big faraway coop for quite a while since he communes with them every nite when he comes home from his evening shift at midnite... and they are getting too big for their small bedroom areas that they live in now......... i may be having 20 house chickens that definatley not wear diapers (anyone ever heard of a thai fighting cock wearing a diaper. didnt think so. nope. not these guys... fortuantelyu lilee and foofoo luuuuuuuuuuv to lick up chicken doo... yum yum...

Oh boy, i could not IMAGINE that many birds in the house! The dust! Pooping machines!

When i finally get to bring my girl into the house i am going to switch her to scratch, and the manna pro poultry conditioner. You give a Tb to 3 Tb of the pellets and it gives all the daily vitamins and minerals, plus there's something in it that keeps the poo odor to a minimum. When i had less birds i used it, and it really does work! And it gives them such a shine.

The girl i want to bring inside is the daughter of my favorite pet hen that passed of a heat stroke this summer. She came out of my hen's last egg, laid the day after her stroke on the last day she lived. She watched me and even climbed out of the nest in her weakened condition to bring feathers in to pad for the egg, so i knew it was for me and very special. I had meant to retire her at the end of last summer, but she never made it. It is only fitting that her daughter take that place; she is every bit as much of a lovey girl as her mom was, and could care less most times what the flock is doing. Just wants held and held
love.gif

Momma cocoa, queen of my coop and my heart. AND she LOVED her lace, paraded about and made the other girls jealous! Was the funniest thing ever.

Little hope, as a baby, and getting bigger sitting on my knee :)

Our chickens are not totally house chickens, they come and go as they please. There are four that like to lay eggs in their special "nest" in the living room and sometimes we get quite a back-up.

I just hatched 3 sizzle chicks for my house chicken project. I'll send pics of my setup in the next post.

Back
Top Bottom