people with house chickens

Pics
Hey, don't die thread!
You may remember me or may not. I used to be snugbug54. The one with the Mille Fluer d'Uccle, Ethel. I got a picture of her, finally!

Hey, don't die thread!
You may remember me or may not. I used to be snugbug54. The one with the Mille Fluer d'Uccle, Ethel. I got a picture of her, finally!
I am subscribed to this thread. Thanks for rehabbing it.
My indoor Japanese Bantam girl, is very hormonal, she is extremely broody.
More so than last time. A friend is going to bring over small fertile eggs tomorrow.
Maybe she will hatch them.
I take her intermittently off the top of brooding place she has picked and put her
cage so she will drink and eat.

Hi there!just got my silkie today!! She is 100% house chickie!! Can't wait til she is big enough for some diapers...as I type she is sleeping on my chest....gonna be a looooong night! Lol
Oh, that is sweet. Is this your first indoor chicken ?
I bought 2 different diapers and she outwitted one but the other, she can't get it off.

Oh, that is sweet. Is this your first indoor chicken ?
I bought 2 different diapers and she outwitted one but the other, she can't get it off.

This is technically my second house chicken...a friend let me care for a beat up bantam chick last year...and I loved the lil bugger, but everybody told me it "wasn't fair" to keep a house chicken, so I reluctantly gave him back, and started my quest for people who DO keep them as a pet...good news is, I found a whole bunch of people who do!! Yay!!
So here I am...with my two day old silkie!!

graciesmom110
Your Silkie will have a very good life. Protected and cared about.
the bantam that I have indoors was the smallest of 32 fancy birds. I was
raising them. And she just got walked on.
I took her out of there and she has been indoors ever since.
Even now she gets picked on when I let her out. And that is not to
say she is a little saint. She is is on one side of the fence and the outdoors girls on the other side. But there she is trying to spar with the Sebright bantam. The Sebright won again. Dotti came in with some scrapes. Can't even imagine what she would look like
if she was in the coop with the others.

Back
Top Bottom