people with house chickens

Pics
I've got three house chicks. Two are a pair of OEGBs that will likely be permanent residents.. the third is a White Leghorn pullet who is staying in their cage while she rehabs from a dog bite. Well... technically she is better now and has been able to go out for a few weeks now... I just can't bring myself to put her out with her sisters when she could be inside on my shoulder while I read
wink.png
They stay in a giant rabbit cage at night and are in a playpen during the day (inside or out depending on the weather). The cats are terrified of them lol
I will post pics when I get back onto my phone. Midge (f)and Tyco (m) are my OEGBs and Morse is my WL pullet. Her name is funnier when you learn that her sisters are named Dot and Dash... When they were babies, they had an annoying habit of tap-tap-tapping on the walls of their brooder so they got stuck with those names
tongue.png

graciesmom110
Your Silkie will have a very good life. Protected and cared about.
the bantam that I have indoors was the smallest of 32 fancy birds. I was
raising them. And she just got walked on.
I took her out of there and she has been indoors ever since.
Even now she gets picked on when I let her out. And that is not to
say she is a little saint. She is is on one side of the fence and the outdoors girls on the other side. But there she is trying to spar with the Sebright bantam. The Sebright won again. Dotti came in with some scrapes. Can't even imagine what she would look like
if she was in the coop with the others.

Awww!! I wish I had found this group sooner! I never would have given the last one back!!
But, now I have my lil Cooper...and she is just the cutest lil thing!! I just put her in her tote for bed...it's 9:30...and she's been laying on my chest since around 6! ( with a couple food/water breaks thrown in! Lol...)
Takes her about 10 minutes to stop calling for me, then she starts making these little noises that sound like a cricket chirping...then complete silence :)
I need to post some pics...I'm thinking she's going to be a blue silkie...

Cooper is just the cutest. So good that you got him/her.
They are a pleasure.

Last edited:
I've got three house chicks. Two are a pair of OEGBs that will likely be permanent residents.. the third is a White Leghorn pullet who is staying in their cage while she rehabs from a dog bite. Well... technically she is better now and has been able to go out for a few weeks now... I just can't bring myself to put her out with her sisters when she could be inside on my shoulder while I read
wink.png
They stay in a giant rabbit cage at night and are in a playpen during the day (inside or out depending on the weather). The cats are terrified of them lol
I will post pics when I get back onto my phone. Midge (f)and Tyco (m) are my OEGBs and Morse is my WL pullet. Her name is funnier when you learn that her sisters are named Dot and Dash... When they were babies, they had an annoying habit of tap-tap-tapping on the walls of their brooder so they got stuck with those names
tongue.png
I have White Leghorns. I love them. They are funny and very bright and loving. they are my most loving birds I have had. They also were my very first chicken babies. Little yellow bundles of joy.

"I do bring my chicks in the house constantly and he is ok with that. One of these days there will be a chick that he will fall in love with that will live in the house"

weeeeeeeeeeel i though the same thing; but what actually happened is that i am the one the has been pushing to get all of the chicks and two ducklings out of the apartment and in to coop or sold/homed... in the end, my husband didnt want the ducklings to go, so i finally agreed that they could stay with his thai game birds in the greenhouse provided he rehomes some since 18 is way too many birds.... so he rehomed two pairs for later breeding; the two ducklings were moved in, all went out to graze in our bacfk yard (neighbhors off on a day trip so no grief there) they all come running when he snaps his fingers and coos at them, so the ducks do the same. this morning i nearly had a heart attack. came home for lunch and no peepeepeepeep from birds. he'd moved the larger chicks, adn my three pekisn downstairs and left only the hatchlings in a brooder... he doesn want me to rehome the pekin males... so tonite i will bring the smaller chicks bacfk up for the night, and my hen also... the others will stay in a small holding box in the coop (against predators mostly)... and we seem to still be with house chickens (he really enjoys haveing them walk around the salon! but refuses diapers, im the cleaner upper person :((

Back
Top Bottom