people with house chickens

Pics

These 2 birds are supposed to be Hyline. A RIR mix proprietary by Hyline Industries. (I don't know how I got into this, it's a story) anyway, The top picture of the very dark red she/he looks so much different than the other one that is a "Hyline". The man from Hyline told me that this bird is mostly RIR with other proprietary something. But she/he in the top picture looks so different that the other two. I got three altogether. Two are huge and then there is the littler one.
Thanks.

They look like the "production reds" I got at TSC.

These 2 birds are supposed to be Hyline. A RIR mix proprietary by Hyline Industries. (I don't know how I got into this, it's a story) anyway, The top picture of the very dark red she/he looks so much different than the other one that is a "Hyline". The man from Hyline told me that this bird is mostly RIR with other proprietary something. But she/he in the top picture looks so different that the other two. I got three altogether. Two are huge and then there is the littler one.
Thanks.

Thanks.
well - THAT didn't come out right! They look like the Production Reds I got at TSC. (didn't mean to "write on" your photos).

First off;

Hi everyone, I am new to chickens and BYC too. I got 3 little chicks a week ago, 2 EE's and one Silkie that the guy gave me for a dollar because I told him to keep the change! She/he has an extra toe and isnt really very fluffy for a silkie but she/he is by far my cuddliest feathered friend. My hubby was really PO'd that I got chicks! He said it was fine and then I did what I do- which is jump right on it- and he was mad so it was pretty tense for the first few days but guess what! He actually suggested we keep them as house birds
tongue2.gif
haha. Anyways Im hoping they all turn out to be hens and that they all survive of course. We bought a large bird cage years ago for sugar gliders that never ended up getting used so we decided to turn that into their little house once they outgrow their brooder, lots of adjustments will be made and we are going to exp land it too so the chickens have lots of room. For the most part Im just going to sew them up some diapers and get them used to it right away, we have 3 cats and 2 dogs so I think the chickens will catch on to the litter/outside thing better. I am worried about my one dog she is a chessie and obviously bred as a duck dog, but no one wanted her so we took her (she was very timid and would pee when you looked at her) she is doing much better now so Im thinking her hunting blood might start boiling with the birdies around. But all problems have a solution and she has her own kennel so whatever happens happens!!

Anyways enough rambling, Hello everyone, you all have beautiful chickens and I cant wait to be "that crazy chicken lady"
ya.gif

Heres a pic- they did not like the camera!

forloveford
Hi,
I love EE's. I have 1 left after the dog.
Also have a Silkie, sweet and leaves everyone alone.
My house chicken is a White Japanese Bantam named Dottie.
I have pictures of her on my page or whatever it is called with my name.
Very glad you even got to keep them inside. They surely will know you
as their mom.
Thanks.
mg

I have a lab that I'm still trying to train to leave the chickens out side alone. She is good as long as I'm there to tell her no. With yours being inside it might be easier for your Chessie. I don't know that I would put a diaper on them until they are bigger and have feathers or silk in the silkie's case. The poo might get really stuck to their fuzz. Good Luck ! They are as cute as can be. My hubby fusses about the chickens too... Pitches a big fit them goes and buys more. lol I finally told him to watch where he is walking or go put up a fence. I have 9 LF that free range and know that I keep their food i n the garage so they like to hang out in front of it and leave little bombs.

Back
Top Bottom