people with house chickens

Pics
Question for people who have house roosters, do they crow in the morning even if they're inside where it's dark? We took in a 5 week old chick that the flock was hellbent on killing, but I'm pretty sure it's a boy and I'm not thrilled with the idea of having a roo wake me up at 4:30 in the morning everyday. (If he's like his daddy, which we can hear through the block walls of our house. I've learned to sleep through it, but doubt I could if the crowing came from the inside.)
I have a few serama roosters in the house and they crow just the same as they do outside lol. I CAN sort of control their TIME of first crow - if I keep the lights on in their room until I go to bed (around 10:00pm) then they don't wake up and crow until between 6-7am or when we start making noise earlier.

Dottie hatched out 3 chicks. Buried 2 eggs Sunday because they did not hatch out. Didn't have the heart to open them up. Just wanted everything to be at peace. One chick did not make it, so buried her with the 2 unhatched eggs. Had six eggs altogether, 1 chick died, 2 eggs did not hatch and have 3 chicks for Dotte to take care of. So interesting to watch Dotte and her chicks.
YAY!! Congrats! It's so fun to watch them be moms. :celebrate :weee

Ebony has Bumblefoot..
sad.png

She's enjoying the pampering, though.
Uh-oh, what are you doing for treatment? is it working? I have all sorts of links if you need them. I missed it in one of my outdoor girls as a newb, and though i finally caught on and even gave her surgery she was weakened and didn't survive last summer's heat wave. :( Very serious stuff.

Quote:Originally Posted by graciesmom119 I liked the alfalfa suggestion, another option is manna pro's "showbird pellets" My TSC and FFH sell them in a little yellow bag, but they only need a Tb or two to be mixed in with scratch rations. It is to keep shown birds from being stinky at the shows, and as a bonus it helps the feathers glow :) (The poos are also more firmer, which i think would be easier to clean)

Back
Top Bottom