people with house chickens

Did you look on chickendiapers.com? They are made out of cloth and very lightweight, most of them come in plain colors.

Today I was putting the ducks away and feeding the horses, and my dad was calling me in. I got up to the porch, and he said something was wrong with Finn. I immediately started crying, I thought he was half dead, turns out he got on the table and he stood in some hotsauce! I gave him a cold quick bath and now he is all good. I always say, the more animals you have the more stories/problems! But it is all worth it.

Quote:

My condolences.. I am so sorry for your loss...
this is a wonderful and supportive website for your loss
www.rainbowbridge.com

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Last edited:
Did you look on chickendiapers.com? They are made out of cloth and very lightweight, most of them come in plain colors.

Today I was putting the ducks away and feeding the horses, and my dad was calling me in. I got up to the porch, and he said something was wrong with Finn. I immediately started crying, I thought he was half dead, turns out he got on the table and he stood in some hotsauce! I gave him a cold quick bath and now he is all good. I always say, the more animals you have the more stories/problems! But it is all worth it.
That's hilarious! I know what u
You mean though. The more animals, the more laughter! :)

I am still trying to make a decision about chicken diapers. They are so expensive . The chicken diaper patterns on line are really not all that. I love my hens, and I let them in the kitchen daily to just "be in" for a little while.. Probably not going to happen as the days get warmer. I would just love to teach (at least one of them) to go for a walk.

Re: the kids issue. I got married at 27. I always had cats and a dog all my life. My grandfather was a farmer, and sold eggs most of his life. But this was in the 1920' through the 1960's.
I would so never give up the joy of raising my sons. But now, I have time to do the things that I want to do. I love gardening, the hens are a challenge so I just fenced in my garden. I love them and find them funny and sweet. I would never give up anything, kids, dogs, cats, chickens and all. Now I want a cow, goats, a horse and a pig. Not for eating. Enjoy your life, and all will come to those who are patient and loving.

Best wishes to all, who ever chooses any lifestyle that fits. Just do the things you all want, so there are no regrets.
I love this, so true. Whatever makes you happy, make it work, no matter the situation <3 don't give up anything that brings happiness to you

Last edited:
I think I will just have chickens, no kids. But, I'm a kid myself, so I have about 20 years before I have to worry about that. I told my mother her grandkids are going to be chickens!

Last edited:
I think I will just have chickens, no kids. But, I'm a kid myself, so I have about 20 years before I have to worry about that. I told my mother her grandkids are going to be chickens!

My dad's wife calls my dogs the grandkids. It may be a while before she feels that way about the chickens...until I bring her one that
Loves to cuddle.

She loves rooster decorations, maybe I'll get her a real rooster! Hahaha. My dad would be so upset!

Last edited:
My mom calls all of our animals family - our dog Maisy is my "sister", Arizona is my baby, Finn is too, the ducks are my mothers babies, (Jackie too), and Dominic is my dad's. We are all "related"

I am still trying to make a decision about chicken diapers. They are so expensive . The chicken diaper patterns on line are really not all that. I love my hens, and I let them in the kitchen daily to just "be in" for a little while.. Probably not going to happen as the days get warmer. I would just love to teach (at least one of them) to go for a walk.

Re: the kids issue. I got married at 27. I always had cats and a dog all my life. My grandfather was a farmer, and sold eggs most of his life. But this was in the 1920' through the 1960's.
I would so never give up the joy of raising my sons. But now, I have time to do the things that I want to do. I love gardening, the hens are a challenge so I just fenced in my garden. I love them and find them funny and sweet. I would never give up anything, kids, dogs, cats, chickens and all. Now I want a cow, goats, a horse and a pig. Not for eating. Enjoy your life, and all will come to those who are patient and loving.

Best wishes to all, who ever chooses any lifestyle that fits. Just do the things you all want, so there are no regrets.
I purchased mine for $13 each on ebay from LouisesCountryCloset.
free shipping.. I love them!

Back
Top Bottom