people with house chickens

Above photo....

She is just adorable!!
Meet little Lucky!!! She is just gorgeous. There was more to the story of this lil girl. We think her Mum had a heart attack or similar as we found her sitting on the lawn untouched early hours of the morning. Panic hit as the baby wasn't with her. Found her upside down, stiff as a board with the cold under the ramp to their coop. She had hit her head on the way down and her eye was full of blood. She was gone, but a quick little heart rub brought her back (I'm a nurse) and now, we have "lucky"..... The luckiest lil Silkie in the world. She loves to hang out with her Silkie friends during the days, but come sun down and she heads for the door and knocks with her beak. Mind you, I am an animal nut and also have a galah who is 8 maths old that was hit by a car when he fell out of his nest. He shouldn't have survived either but some bandaging and talc and "Billie" rules the house. Can't fly and has a deformed leg, but he is happy and healthy. A dwarf alpaca, two pound rescued kelpies that we're going to be shot for liking the sheep and a big brute of a male cat called John that I got from shelter. He had never had a home and was 41/2 yr old. He is my big sook. Add in two very spoilt black sheep and a myriad of chickens of all sorts and there you have me. Home is the best place on earth!!

Debra.
This story is so much sweeter with the little cuddling Silkie on your chest. You must show that sweet little thing in a photo here or take a couple more photos. She is precious.

This story is so much sweeter with the little cuddling Silkie on your chest.  You must show that sweet little thing in a photo here or take a couple more photos.  She is precious.

That's amazing! It's so cool how you can save all of those animals!

Thank you PBGGG,

I think they are amazing for being so strong. They all mix together like that big melting pot. My galah walks around with the big black cat watching on and the dogs watching on. My neighbour thinks it's hilarious. He cannot believe that they all get on. I'm not surprised though....they all know they've had a second chance offered up and are so grateful and loving because of it. I'm sure they all know about each other.

Take care,

Debra.:)

Out of my six new chickens, only four tolerate being held well. The two araucana's just seem to hate it. Henry actually closes her eyes when I rub her face and her ears. Snowflake comes running now when I bring treats to the coop.

Thank you PBGGG,

I think they are amazing for being so strong. They all mix together like that big melting pot. My galah walks around with the big black cat watching on and the dogs watching on. My neighbour thinks it's hilarious. He cannot believe that they all get on. I'm not surprised though....they all know they've had a second chance offered up and are so grateful and loving because of it. I'm sure they all know about each other.

Take care,

Debra.
smile.png

Sounds so sweet! I need to see a picture of all of that!

Out of my six new chickens, only four tolerate being held well. The two araucana's just seem to hate it. Henry actually closes her eyes when I rub her face and her ears. Snowflake comes running now when I bring treats to the coop.

They all look so sweet! Is that last one a Barred rock?

Back
Top Bottom