people with house chickens

my birds can't see in front of them or to the sides there is so much fluff. It wasn't apparent how bad it was until they all got startled and ran in all different directions...All bumping into something...so I took a closet look and their eyes were completely obscured
sad.png
I just cut a straight line from their top eye lid out, parallel to the ground and then again from the lower eye lid parallel to the ground until there are no longer any feathers left for that whole .5centimeter all the way out. I basically excavate a little peep hole through the wall of feathers.

I've got accommodating Silkies - each one picks the fluff from around each other's eyes and make their own peep holes LOL! Also mine forage so much free-range that the crests matte down a bit. If it gets really gunked then I'll wash with a warm washcloth and work the gunk out with my fingers gently. My little gals are so hardy they really are not any more trouble than the LF. My Ameraucana gets more gunk in her beard than my Silkies get in their crests.

If my dad lets me keep him, we have a temp house chicken! This little guy was all alone at the neighbors place- peeping loudly all day and just standing in one spot. I didn't see any other chicks over there so I scooped him up and now he is sleeping on my lap. I guess this is like another Finn, hmm?

Well I hope your little 'guy' turns out to be a little 'girl'. Maybe then you might have someone who you can bring inside for visits.

I've got accommodating Silkies - each one picks the fluff from around each other's eyes and make their own peep holes LOL! Also mine forage so much free-range that the crests matte down a bit. If it gets really gunked then I'll wash with a warm washcloth and work the gunk out with my fingers gently. My little gals are so hardy they really are not any more trouble than the LF. My Ameraucana gets more gunk in her beard than my Silkies get in their crests.
LOL...that is great teamwork among your silkies!!!
thumbsup.gif

This is Louisa, Martine's (1st chick) new friend! According to my feather sexing, theyre both girls. Just hope they are! Love them no matter what though.

Pancake keeps hoping into my basket I keep my dirty laundry in. I don't know why she find it so intresting because she had plenty of fluffy thing like towels I keep on the floor for her.

Back
Top Bottom