people with house chickens

Emu could pass as a Legacy roo. He's gorgeous! Legacy's are big roos and a family in Maine used to raise them. Their descendents still raise these guys in NC I believe.

Have you ever tried the No-Crow Rooster Collar as seen on MyPetChicken.com? One can probably be hand-made if you're handy at crafts. Apparently with several graduating adjustments the collar keeps the roo's air sack from filling with air and it muffles the crows.
We did...Several! He...I don't know how to describe it, but what it came down to was a very proud rooster reduced to hiding in corners, in the hay box, head down...He just wasn't able to adjust to it for some reason. Just couldn't do it to him anymore!
Just couldn't.......

We did...Several! He...I don't know how to describe it, but what it came down to was a very proud rooster reduced to hiding in corners, in the hay box, head down...He just wasn't able to adjust to it for some reason. Just couldn't do it to him anymore!
Just couldn't.......

Your poor baby! Some people are just so miserable, they can't stand if someone else isn't! Sorry you have such a neighbor!

Your poor baby! Some people are just so miserable, they can't stand if someone else isn't! Sorry you have such a neighbor!
I know, huh!
And you're exactly right. She is miserable and for that I am sad. Not so sad that I can forgive her at this point. We have gone out of our way to please her and I guess what makes me sad is the karma, if you will, that she will face one day.

I know, huh! 
And you're exactly right. She is miserable and for that I am sad. Not so sad that I can forgive her at this point. We have gone out of our way to please her and I guess what makes me sad is the karma, if you will, that she will face one day.
pray for her burdens to be eased. Even if you can't feel forgiveness right now, you can always redirect your pity into mercy.

Don't mean to upset you, I often want to "fix" things for people.

Last edited:
pray for her burdens to be eased. Even if you can't feel forgiveness right now, you can always redirect your pity into mercy.

Don't mean to upset you, I often want to "fix" things for people.
Oh, I'm ok with that. I wish for her all the time that she will find positive things in her life to focus on.
I am a "Fixer" as well!
All is good
smile.png

When Finn was in the house, he mostly got his pellets but sometimes I'd cook him up one of the hens eggs or share my dinner with him.

We make them oatmeal with raisins. They love meal worms, raw sunflower seeds and cheerios. They love red grapes too. We feed them a variety of snacks off our list of OK stuff to feed them. We however do not let them get into cat or dog food.

Back
Top Bottom