people with house chickens

That's lovely. I don't feel so alone in my weirdness.

LOL...not at all! Plenty of us 'house chicken" folks out here that love raising our chickens in a little different way...what ever the reason
thumbsup.gif

Mine actually stay outside these days unless they are ill. Last year I had 2 turkeys in the house because it was so cold and they had never been out before. The tom is in love with me and would really like to move back in. I've declined.

LOL I told my husband about y'all's posts. My husband was like: Oh Yeah? We have a tiny silkie that is his daughter! She sits on the couch with him and has her own spot on the bed where she sleeps beside him under a soft pink baby blanket. While sitting on the couch she'll often step onto his shoulder and sit there for awhile. They carry on quite the conversations. LOL

She'll stand below our chairs at the table while we are eating supper too. We are constantly handing her little bites of stuff.

She knows when daddy goes to bed and she'll stand fussing with one leg in the air as the sign for someone to pick her up and put her in bed with her daddy. I'll kiss him goodnight and say I love you as I'm leaving the room. Maria always does a little cu cu cu right after it. I tell her I love her too! :)

TC

LOL I told my husband about y'all's posts. My husband was like: Oh Yeah? We have a tiny silkie that is his daughter! She sits on the couch with him and has her own spot on the bed where she sleeps beside him under a soft pink baby blanket. While sitting on the couch she'll often step onto his shoulder and sit there for awhile. They carry on quite the conversations. LOL

She'll stand below our chairs at the table while we are eating supper too. We are constantly handing her little bites of stuff.

She knows when daddy goes to bed and she'll stand fussing with one leg in the air as the sign for someone to pick her up and put her in bed with her daddy. I'll kiss him goodnight and say I love you as I'm leaving the room. Maria always does a little cu cu cu right after it. I tell her I love her too! :)

TC
That's so cute. She's a daddy's girl.

TC

LOL....I love it
love.gif
My hubby spoils our indoor girl too! (bantam cochin/silkie cross) She has her own spot on the couch where she chills with us at night and is on his lap or shoulder every chance she gets
tongue.png
Gotta love spoiled indoor chickens!

TC

That is so-o-o cute! We discovered our in-house recuperating Silkie liked to sit in front of the portable floor fan to have the breeze ruffle through her feathers. She sits the appropriate distance from the fan to her liking. We noticed the Silkies at the County Fair exhibit were all piled up in front of a big box fan during a heatwave. They squeezed out all the hard-feathered breeds who then moved to the back of the fan where a little breeze still existed.

I have to jump in and tell the story of my red breasted OEGB squirt. I had an assistant who had an uncle who's hens were kept in a pen and the rooster in a pen that surrounded the hens pen. It was almost like a mote. His rooster was the last line of defense around his hens. Well one day the rooster got bored and dug a hole UNDER the fence and got in with the hens. He continued to collect eggs but noted that less eggs were available. And one day Bam a heard of babies was running around his coop. He had no idea where the broody momma had nested but it happened and now he had babies he didn't really know how to care for. He had more than half drown in the water bins and 99% of the rest were eaten by cats when they adventured through the chicken wire fence. One loan chick remained and my assistant, knowing I already had chickens asked if I would take it. I told my husband and he said "yes you can have another chicken." in a not so enthused tone. Then he said in a very catious tone "so since this one is tiny will it be a house chicken?" I laughed so hard it hurt a little. Then we got the little bugger home and I'll be darned if we didn't keep her in the house. Squirt weighs less than a pound and is pretty sure her and the yorkie are the same!

Back
Top Bottom