people with house chickens

Pics
Where in oregon are you living? Northern? Southern? Central? Coastal? I am near the Portland area. Everyone thinks i am nuts too. i am proud of my chickens and excited about them. i find myself talking about them all the time. people do ask questions and look at me a little funny. But i happily answer and it is neat knowing a bit about them...not nearly and expert but i would like to be. in time... so anyway embrace your inner chicken they are brave and amazing creatures be proud and look at them like they are crazy for not having a chicken. thats what i do.
wink.png

anone know where i can get chicken diapers? what do you all use?

Oh, yea. I'm not sure if you saw this in an earlier posting I'd written so I'll re-post. I'm not even supposed to have a chicken in base-housing
hmm.png
They are considered farm-stock
idunno.gif
I love her anyways
love.gif

Hi Pinkisue,

I have a bantom white something or other and a bantom frizzle. Both are becoming house chicks. They both have to be snuggled before they will go to bed but I've figured out a way around that, sort of. Just before I'm ready to put them to bed I wrap them up in a towel and set them on the couch. I go about my business and they are clueless that I wasn't setting with them. Then I get them up and into their cage and cover them for the night.

I have to say that most of my friends and family think I'm crazy already. I have 3 birds a cat, 2 dogs, and I had 2 degue's at one point. I had to give them up as it turned out I'm allergic and could not hold them. I told my mom that I had to find a home and I about fell out of my chair at her reply. Well you should just stick to Birds, chickens, and dogs as you know your not allergic to them. LOL chickens??? I guess it helps that my sister has chickens and my mom had some time to get used to the idea. Though she may still be under the impression that they are going out when full grown. I will probably have them out more during the warmer months but in for the winter. I have a very small yard near wetlands and get lots of predators that cross my fence so I'm Leary of having them out when I'm not home as they are so small.

My family has this passive aggresive thing we do with each other. It really is kinda bi***y. I don't tell my mom things because I don't want to risk the attitude. And she doesnt tell her mom things because she doesnt want to hear it either. OK I am 37 next month, my mom just turned 67 and my Garandma is 87. I took about 2 to 3 weeks to tell mom that we got a new kitten, that was 9 months ago. I took about a month to tell mom about the lab that we got 6 months ago. I wasent exactly forthcoming when gabby the house chicken moved in in December (and is still in at night). Nor was I exactly honest about the number of chickens I was getting this spring to increase the flock. I let her think it was 6. I don't know how she came up with that number but I never corrected her. Untill the day she called and said she was coming for a visit. Thats when I told her my flock of 8 hens was added by, 5 white 8 month old cochins, 1 eight month old partridge cochin, 8 silkies, two ducks, and 3 SLW,3 GLW, and 3 Australorps. Well my silkie hen drowned in the duck pool. the other 7 are roosters and are now living on a big farm. The ducks unfortuanlly are gone too. I thought I was going to have to get rid of everything due to a conflict with the township. Now I don't have to but my duckies are gone.
hit.gif
( getting more ducks in the spring!) The babies are now 12 weeks old and beautiful.

Anyway, mom and Grandma are moving back to my town. Mom had to tell Grandma everything. All my dirty little secrets....Grandma not only didn't care, she told mom a story about a boy she knew when she was young who had a pet chicken and it slept everynight on the footboard of his bed. Plus her mom used to let a rabbit and the goat in the house.

Thats Karma baby. Alaways be honest and let the chips fall where they may...

56136_chick2.jpg

This is the pic I sent to my dad to let him know how cute my chicken was and that she was worthy of being a house chicken. It was a couple weeks ago, we look a little awkwards now when she pops a perch on the shoulder, she's growing!!

56136_chick.jpg

And I just think this one is funny. I'm still not sure she likes the camera..
roll.png

about the diapers. if i need to make one for my 5week old chickens how would i do it. they love being with us in the LRbut i do not want the poo can you tell me how to make something for it?

what do you use?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom