people with house chickens

Pics
Frack, my house chicken, is now my BROODY house chicken!! Oh joy, what big poops in my kitchen! I'm going to give her some week-old eggs that I have in the 'bator, so at least she will only be a 2-week broody house chicken.

Frack, the house Mommy chicken!

31698_p1010346.jpg

She's a dark Brahma, but her babies are black copper Marans, except somehow I got a white one in the mix. I'm going to e-mail the person I got them from and find out what it might be.

Sjisty, they're beautiful! What a wonderful house mother hen
love.gif

I think Chickpea started singing her egg song today, I'm so excited! She's 15 weeks now, so I think I still have a few more weeks. I'm hoping I'll get an egg for my birthday next month, lol. Although I believe anything that happens during the month of August is for my birthday
roll.png
Hubby is trying still working to convince me that I was not born during the entire month, not working yet
tongue.png

No more house chicken. After three days refusing to get off her eggs/babies, Frack finally got up and gave us a gift on the floor that would impress a Great Dane! Hubby sectioned off part of the main coop and run and banished her from the kitchen. I miss my Frack!
hit.gif

OK here it is..3 stock tanks and 2 flexible covers! The topmost cover can be used to cover one single tank (with the original "topmost" cover). They started out with one tank as babies and now moved to the 3-tank setup.

Tank 1: That's their Restaurant Kitchen. Basic Food & Water.
Tank 2: Forage & spa area. That's where I put their goodies, weeds, sod, and on half of it there's a layer of dirt. They take a lot of dust baths there.
Tank 3: Bed/nest area.
Between the tanks: Observation Deck. They can fly up and look out the window from there.

I use the deep litter system so it's not so bad. And no, I don't really have an operable family room,,,but that's OK. I might be moving soon to a place where they can be outside without a problem.

What do you think?

52103_p5316004.jpg

52103_p5315995.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom