Perfectly round egg!!!

The chick got siblings, although not all of them have hatched yet, so now there are 9.

Every 2 weeks I will take a picture of the chick that hatched from the perfectly round egg.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1917607893.jpg
    Snapchat-1917607893.jpg
    748.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20230807_173039.jpg
    IMG_20230807_173039.jpg
    426.3 KB · Views: 28
I also heard the rumor, more round eggs are female & more pointed ones are males. I hatched out both, and among both, the ratio was 50%, half were Hens, half were Roos. So, the shape of the egg really determines nothing. I think the shape of the egg has more to do with the hen that lays them, and not what is inside. I have certain hens that lay mostly round, some lay regular egg shape & a few lay oblong, pointy, skinny eggs. Chicks have all hatched out fine, too, despite egg shape or size. A super large or super small egg didn't seem to drastically affect the chicks either, they may have been larger or smaller on hatch day, but as all chicks were growing, the smaller ones seemed to catch up & reach regular size for those breeds, for the most part. It is interesting, especially when you have a mixed flock as opposed to pure bred. Colors, sizes and features, like surprise top notches, are a delight. They're all quite loveable! ❤️
My broody mama just hatched other Hen's eggs & 1 Guinea egg.

20230808_131853.jpg

Back
Top Bottom