Pics

Delbi255

Chirping
Jul 25, 2022
Croatia
IMG_20230716_180724.jpg
IMG_20230716_180743.jpg
IMG_20230716_180757.jpg

I was collecting eggs and found this. I was shocked and overjoyed to collect such a beautiful, perfectly round egg. Sorry for the bad quality of the pictures, it was hard for me to hold the egg with one hand and take pictures with the other šŸ˜‚šŸ˜…. Tomorrow I will put that egg under the broody hen and hope it hatches šŸ£šŸ¤—.

I would suggest not putting it under a broody as it's odd shaped. I don't know, but everything I've read has stated to not incubate oddly shaped (round, elongated, too small) eggs...

Good luck if you choose to place it...

QUOTE from google
"The ideal hatching egg should weigh between 50 and 68 grams (depending upon flock age), have clearly defined round and pointed ends, good colour, clean and undamaged shell free from infection."

I would suggest not putting it under a broody as it's odd shaped. I don't know, but everything I've read has stated to not incubate oddly shaped (round, elongated, too small) eggs...

Good luck if you choose to place it...

QUOTE from google
"The ideal hatching egg should weigh between 50 and 68 grams (depending upon flock age), have clearly defined round and pointed ends, good colour, clean and undamaged shell free from infection."
Interestingly, I didn't know how much a hatching egg should weigh. Thanks for the information. I would try to put that egg under the broody hen because I like to experiment šŸ«£ and as soon as the egg is different or beautiful I like to put it to hatch.

Today I decided that I will put an egg under the broody hen (which is already a broody hen for the second time this year and which was 1 year old the day before yesterday, and her sister is hatching today for the second time this year šŸ¤ÆšŸŽ‰). I think I'll put 9 eggs to hatch so I can keep track of everything easier. I was thinking 13, but maybe 9 is better. I will take a picture of nest and a round egg šŸ¤—.

Newsā—ā—ā—šŸ§Ø
IMG_20230717_210218.jpg
IMG_20230717_211241.jpg
IMG_20230717_211315.jpg
IMG_20230717_211350.jpg
IMG_20230717_211438.jpg

I didn't put 9 or 13 eggs under the broody hen. I put 11.

The egg that I marked in purple šŸ’œ: I took it today. It was laid by a dark brown hen with white hair on her head, and the egg has something like veins on the top and is very interesting, so I put it under the broody hen.

The egg that I marked in yellow šŸ’›: A normal egg. What is on it is straw.

The egg that I marked in red ā¤ļø: An egg that is completely round in the hope that something will hatch from it.

Problem šŸ˜¬ā—: The broody hen didn't really want to sit on the eggs because her sister, who is near her, hatched 3 chicks today and has 7 more eggs under her. So I had to cover that broody hen with a wooden basket and I hope she didn't break a single egg (round egg šŸ¤ž).

Newsā—ā—ā—šŸ§Ø
View attachment 3580034View attachment 3580035View attachment 3580037View attachment 3580038View attachment 3580042
I didn't put 9 or 13 eggs under the broody hen. I put 11.

The egg that I marked in purple šŸ’œ: I took it today. It was laid by a dark brown hen with white hair on her head, and the egg has something like veins on the top and is very interesting, so I put it under the broody hen.

The egg that I marked in yellow šŸ’›: A normal egg. What is on it is straw.

The egg that I marked in red ā¤ļø: An egg that is completely round in the hope that something will hatch from it.

Problem šŸ˜¬ā—: The broody hen didn't really want to sit on the eggs because her sister, who is near her, hatched 3 chicks today and has 7 more eggs under her. So I had to cover that broody hen with a wooden basket and I hope she didn't break a single egg (round egg šŸ¤ž).
On July 18th I opened the hen and she got up the same morning with the eggs and broke the egg I marked purple and another. That same morning I put 4 more eggs so that she had 13 eggs under her and when her sister laid, i.e. hatched 9 chicks, I moved the sister to another place and put her under 13 eggs. She took to the eggs well and all 13 eggs are under her and a chick is starting to hatch from that perfect round egg so it will most likely hatch soon so I will take pictures for you.
@KelseyBoxer
@gimmie birdies
@jpalmatier2
@Hedgeland Farms

Sorry if my english is bad.

Back
Top Bottom