Performance Hatchery

CCBear

In the Brooder
12 Years
Feb 7, 2007
Boundry Country, B.C.
Has anyone dealt with this hatchery before?

I have been writing back and forth with them but can't get them to say HOW much is the cost of the silkies are - per bird.

Four emails later, I still can't find out costs and IF the ones I want, are available.

It just gives me a weird feeling when I have to pump out info from anyone doing business. Like it is a deep dark secret or something.
roll.png

Don't know about anyone else, but I don't like buying any thing that I don't know what the prices are.

That's very odd--that would definitely give me second thoughts, too. Do they want you to agree to buy the birds first and then hit you with a big charge or something? Seems a little shady.

Thats what I have been thinking.

The last email, from them today, was asking:

"Did I want them to set me up with others that were ordering to decrease shipping rates?"
roll.png

Still no prices. (again)

There is no prices on their site, although a large choice of breeds.

Wish we had more hatcheries around, that had more than just a few breeds.

try mcmurrayhatchery.com i got my chickens from there. they have great coustumer service and all the chicks where in great health

I didn't do it :

try mcmurrayhatchery.com i got my chickens from there. they have great coustumer service and all the chicks where in great health

Thanks for your reply.
smile.png

I had looked into them prior to this one.
However I am in Canada. I live to far away from the border to get them across quickly. The chicks would be without heat for way to long.​

No I haven't but I have had a similiar experience. I posted on another forum about a special type of bird I was looking for. A very reputable breeder contacted me and invited me to visit her site. So I did. We corresponded through email and she told me she had birds available for sale. Each time I asked about what kind/type that was available she avoided my questions and only answered the questions I had regarding husbandry. I finally got fed up and didn't email her anymore.
barnie.gif

I don't know if she was testing me regarding my genuine interest in the breed or what. I have a genuine interest in genetics and that particular breed, but I find it very "rude" and "misleading" for someone to take the initiative and to inform a potential buyer that you have birds available and then don't proceed to conduct business. I like an honest open person. Frankly JMO if they cannot correspond with you, I would find someone else who is willing to work with you. I have found when you start to specialize in working with purebred cats, horses, birds...breeders can have some strange requirements and ideas on how to conduct business and work with owners. I understand completely about preserving breeds and would have loved to work with this breeder on this, but she never gave me an honest open chance when she refused to answer my questions and state how she would conduct business. I don't like hidden agendas.
There are some wonderful people on this board that raise silkies..they would also be able to assist you. Dipsy Doodle raises them as does Sassy Silkies. They have beautiful birds..check them out!
jumpy.gif

Best of luck.

I had the same problem with performance poultry. Never did get a confirmed price or potential shipping date.

I did deal with genetic preservation in Quebec and received excellent service and great birds. Eric was great to deal with.

What colors of silkies are you looking for?

Quote:
Hi kstaven,

I have given up on them after that last email.
I don't have time nor the will to play games.

I was hoping to find any coloured silkies at this point.

Do you know someone that might have them? Would apprecaite any info you might have on them. Feel free to email me. I think you can do that thru here...can't you?
~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks everyone for your replies.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom