Permethrin given, now safegaurd

rharb

In the Brooder
May 4, 2020
Last dose of permethrin sprayed onto the bird Friday night 5/1, I now need use liquid safeguard for goats on them( saw a very tiny worm swimming in their wet poop twice). How long do I need to wait to administer the safegaurd orally?

What are you using the permethrin for? Lice or mites? Can you post any pictures of the poop with the worm? The wormer can be used at any time, 0.25 ml (1/4 ml) per pound of weight for 5 consecutive days to treat most worms that can affect chickens (except tapeworms.) To treat roundworms it can be given once and again in 10 days. Toss eggs for 14 days after last dose of wormer.

Last dose of permethrin sprayed onto the bird Friday night 5/1, I now need use liquid safeguard for goats on them( saw a very tiny worm swimming in their wet poop twice). How long do I need to wait to administer the safegaurd orally?
Are you sure it isnt maggots? Inspect them for fly strike.

My bird free range a few hours a day and bring home mites all the time. I saw 2 of my 9 birds had poopy butts and then miss fired a few eggs-shells too soft. Their tail feathers a looking rough and saw what looked like possibly mite eggs around the vent area. I don’t believe it fly strike, but I will look again when I administer safegaurd. Thank you everyone
What are you using the permethrin for? Lice or mites? Can you post any pictures of the poop with the worm? The wormer can be used at any time, 0.25 ml (1/4 ml) per pound of weight for 5 consecutive days to treat most worms that can affect chickens (except tapeworms.) To treat roundworms it can be given once and again in 10 days. Toss eggs for 14 days after last dose of wormer.
one more question. Do you dilute Safeguard for goats with water or give it to them full concentrate?

Back
Top Bottom