Permethrin spray

Pics
I think I've got sticktight fleas on a few 7-12wk pullets we got from the feed store last week. Just noticed it today so I hope we're catching it quick enough. Pic is kinda blurry but you can definitely see about 6 dark brownish/redish spots on her face. I don't see any around their vents.
FullSizeRender.jpg

I'm immensely grateful to finally find this thread! :bowI've been pouring thru really unhelpful threads & finally found this one with people I know & trust. :wee
The feed store said put it on them for 3days straight. Does that sound right, or do you only apply yours once?

Also I got the poultry dust, but not sure this is healthy for them. Do you guys ever use it?

When I tried the poultry dust it didn't kill them right away so I ended up picking them off. The next time I found some I tried a more diluted version and it took a couple of days for all of them to die. The third time I got aggressive and made my super potion and all were dead in minutes, then they just fell off.

I'm all for the Super Potion! :thumbsup They'll be going to bed soon, so I guess I'll wait to treat them & the coop tomorrow, but it kills me to think I'm putting them to bed with bugs on their face. :he :barnie

Back
Top Bottom