Pheasants

big_smile.png
I have 3 Red Golden males, 1 yellow Golden female and the 1 Male Ringneck and 2 females!! 2 of the reds are in wire pens that are 3 ft from the ground with other chickens under them, then one red male and the yellow female are in a 12 x 12 pen and they are on the ground with a nest box and a tree in the middle with a tin roof (best build pen on our place) then the ringnecks are in a 7 x 14 wire pen with other pens attached to it! and they have a hole to go to a 3 x 5 pen with a green tote with hole for a nest box, and a board to hide the other nesting area!! We feed them cracked corn and pellets just like what we feed the chickens!! Clean water and finally got the blinders off the ringnecks this weekend!! my BIL have to help cause me and momma could not clip the wire that they were attched with! I am in Alabama and my BILILsaid that we needed to block some of the cold wind off the boys but we only did that to the single boys right now cause the other pen is to large but I seen on here were the ringnecks enjoyed the snow so I do think we will do it again!! cause its hard to feed and water and give'em dirt to play in! Sorry the post is so long~ Did I mention I have only had them since MAY so by no means am I an EXPERT!!
cool.png

I don't know but mabe golden or ring-neck
The yellow goldens are cool looking.
Thanks for the help do they need That much space?

Last edited:
O.K.
so one pair of Goldens should have at least 100-200sq.ft.
can I have two pairs to gether?

Quote:
The aviary size you mentioned sounds good for a pair or trio of Golden Pheasants.

It is not recommended to house different species together for a variety of reasons. It can be done, but one needs to gain experience and behaviorial knowledge of the species before hand. The males of many species are very aggressive during the breeding season and will kill other males. Other species such as Goldens and Amhersts and so closely related that fertile hybrids will occur.

If you are new to pheasant keeping, I suggest a one-aviary one-species approach. Non galliformes can be housed with pheasants, search the archives here and on http://www.gbwf.org/phpBB2/index.php to learn more.

Dan

Back
Top Bottom