Photography

Pics
could you water mark your photos so others cannot "steal them?" One of the BYCers had their photos' stolen 'from the gallery section and used to promote their birds.

I did used to put my watermark right over my image but that generally put people off looking at my photos (plus some people still managed to edit it out...).
I looked into getting some advice on more protection for my photos and I was told about digitally 'engraving' my photos and only keeping the original unedited for myself.

It's a faff on at times to have to edit and engrave each of my photos but suppose it does help a bit more if somone was to take my images without permission. Most of the time those photos then link back to me and only I have the original as proof in such a case.

Of course, I don't generally have an issue about somone using my photos for fun, I think that's quite nice! But I still need to be asked beforehand since not all animals I photograph belong to me so I'd have to get the owners permission.

I just draw the line at people taking them without bothering to ask me and attempting to make a profit of some sort.

It's a real shame that people do take others photos without permission but sadly it happens all to often :(

With a strong love of bird watching, I've been very excited this spring for the amount of birds visiting the property.
This was the first year I've seen Baltimore Orioles visit. Placing oranges out for them, I love having them as early summer guests.
Though Maine has many birds- there are a majority I got to see for the first time. From Redpolls, to Orioles, to Yellowthroats, to Palm Warblers, to a handsome Scarlet Tanager... there are quite a few!

Here is my buddy, Redwing. He's a Red-Winged Blackbird. He (or his offspring) visits every year while his wife builds a nest in the marsh of the pond.

DSCN8613.JPG

Then the kind-eyed female Rose Breasted Grosbeak. I love her! It's a shame the Grosbeaks visit only a couple of times before headed away.

DSCN8494.JPG

And next we have Mr. Cardinal... funny story. Him and his wife raised what appears to be Catbird hatchlings in a Juniper bush against the house. They recently fledged the nest. I have to find which memory card has pictures of him feeding one of his hatchlings.

DSCN8448.JPG

Here's our male Ruby-Throated Hummingbird visitor. His crimson red throat hadn't been visible- due to his hunkering down tightly for the rainstorm.

DSCN8450.JPG

Though I hadn't the chance to meet him, my Grandfather's favorite bird was said to be the Scarlet Tanager. When I spotted this stunning bird hanging around all day, without being startled by my presence, it was refreshing to watch him wander the property.

DSCN8688.JPG

DSCN8664.JPG

I'm not a butterfly expert... so... I'm not certain of the variety... but this pretty butterfly resembles the colors of a small Monarch. Anybody know what he is?

DSCN8711.JPG

Black Capped Chickadee.

DSCN8639.JPG

Female Baltimore Oriole.

DSCN8527.JPG

Dandelion! Instead of mowing the entire lawn right away, I leave a patch of flowers for the bees to pollinate.

DSCN8626.JPG

Froggy, a silly squirrel I've befriended.

DSCN8682.JPG

Last edited:
With a strong love of bird watching, I've been very excited this spring for the amount of birds visiting the property.
This was the first year I've seen Baltimore Orioles visit. Placing oranges out for them, I love having them as early summer guests.
Though Maine has many birds- there are a majority I got to see for the first time. From Redpolls, to Orioles, to Yellowthroats, to Palm Warblers, to a handsome Scarlet Tanager... there are quite a few!

Here is my buddy, Redwing. He's a Red-Winged Blackbird. He (or his offspring) visits every year while his wife builds a nest in the marsh of the pond.

View attachment 1791138

Then the kind-eyed female Rose Breasted Grosbeak. I love her! It's a shame the Grosbeaks visit only a couple of times before headed away.

View attachment 1791140

And next we have Mr. Cardinal... funny story. Him and his wife raised what appears to be Catbird hatchlings in a Juniper bush against the house. They recently fledged the nest. I have to find which memory card has pictures of him feeding one of his hatchlings.

View attachment 1791149

Here's our male Ruby-Throated Hummingbird visitor. His crimson red throat hadn't been visible- due to his hunkering down tightly for the rainstorm.

View attachment 1791150

Though I hadn't the chance to meet him, my Grandfather's favorite bird was said to be the Scarlet Tanager. When I spotted this stunning bird hanging around all day, without being startled by my presence, it was refreshing to watch him wander the property.

View attachment 1791155
View attachment 1791166

I'm not a butterfly expert... so... I'm not certain of the variety... but this pretty butterfly resembles the colors of a small Monarch. Anybody know what he is?

View attachment 1791156

Black Capped Chickadee.

View attachment 1791161

Female Baltimore Oriole.

View attachment 1791165

Dandelion! Instead of mowing the entire lawn right away, I leave a patch of flowers for the bees to pollinate.

View attachment 1791168

View attachment 1791169
What beautiful photos!!

View attachment 1791138

View attachment 1791140

View attachment 1791149

View attachment 1791150

View attachment 1791155
View attachment 1791166

View attachment 1791156

Black Capped Chickadee.

View attachment 1791161

Female Baltimore Oriole.

View attachment 1791165

View attachment 1791168

View attachment 1791169
Great shots!

Back
Top Bottom