Pick no more

First of all, just because chickens have holes in their beaks resembling "nostrils" doesn't mean they can smell things like we do. For that matter, with our tiny noses, we don't smell anywhere nearly as well as animals with large noses such as dogs and bears. How about elephants? Wow! They smell things that don't even exist yet. (Just kidding.)

The Pick-no-more
relies on bad taste to work, and it doesn't work all that great, from my own experience. Then you have the mess that lasts forever on their feathers.

Blu-kote, though not bad smelling, works just as well because it disguises the raw skin exposed by missing feathers. I use it and ignore the jar of Pick-no-mor. Chickens are attracted to the raw skin and then especially to the blood-rich pin feathers that begin to grow in. Keep applying the Blu-kote on the exposed skin until the re-growth covers it.

I called Rooster Booster. The rep said it works by greatly offending the nose with the odor. I asked if it's that bad, how does chick stand herself, and how does everyone else sleep with her?
He couldn't answer.
"How long does it stay on chick with odor?"
Didn't know.
"How long does it take to work?"
Didn't know.
So I'm returning it, and going to plan C since A and B is a failure. Plan B was a saddle, but they are all too large, and chick figured out how to take it off.

Cheers for calling the company and puttying a rep on the spot. Love-it! I once had a similar experience when I called a dust control product customer service and asked if it was safe for chickens to ingest. He told me to try it on a small area and see if any chickens died. Very helpful.

Cheers for calling the company and puttying a rep on the spot. Love-it! I once had a similar experience when I called a dust control product customer service and asked if it was safe for chickens to ingest. He told me to try it on a small area and see if any chickens died. Very helpful.

Amazing. Telling you how to probably maybe kill a chicken. And then when one of your fav chicks die, you can remind the lawyers of his name.
I have been in sales since forever, and I just don't understand why people are afraid of the "no" word.The correct answer is 'NO! Good Lord, I'm so glad you mentioned it! I wouldn't want you to loose a chicken,!"

Off subject, I am not able to stop reading "Uncooped." It's so sad, to add to other sad stuff.

[CONTENTEMBED=/t/1155744/pick-no-more/30#post_18160480 layout=inline] [/CONTENTEMBED]

Off subject, I am not able to stop reading "Uncooped." It's so sad, to add to other sad stuff.

Is this a book...online article....link please???

I posted a link in post #12, maybe that's it?

Is this a book...online article....link please???

http://www.wardhenline.com/uncooped/behavior_senses

Yep, casportpony is correct. I actually thought you put the link out, since you always answer my questions!
Be aware on slide shows to touch and hold on top of image so you get Related captions. It explains chickens and the food industry, which is my sad. Even the way I got my chicks can be considered inhumane, which at the least, gave me pause to think.

Back
Top Bottom