Pictures of my pen, not much compared to some but the ducks like it.

I got a pair of Rudy's from Heath I had a pair from kangababy but they died

Not sure what happened in your situation but would love to see pictures of the pens that you placed them into to maybe help you out on why they died. You see, it happens all the time with Ruddy Ducks, people get them in and put them in pens with a ton of other birds and little to no water and expect them to be ok. Ruddy ducks just cant take it like a wood duck or mandarin and if they could then they would not cost $200.

I have a large aviary for peafowl and the netting is not holding up so well around the fence and posts. I got it off of ebay. How has your netting been holding up? Does it tear around the wooden posts or did you end up putting a frisbee or something on top of the posts to prevent rubbing. Also I decided to use cables to help hold up the netting. How did you attach your cables to the posts? I have been looking for some good ideas for aviaries. I love making the birds large aviaries.

You should try growing fatsias and cast iron plants in the aviary. These plants withstand even peafowl.

I have a large aviary for peafowl and the netting is not holding up so well around the fence and posts. I got it off of ebay. How has your netting been holding up? Does it tear around the wooden posts or did you end up putting a frisbee or something on top of the posts to prevent rubbing. Also I decided to use cables to help hold up the netting. How did you attach your cables to the posts? I have been looking for some good ideas for aviaries. I love making the birds large aviaries.

You should try growing fatsias and cast iron plants in the aviary. These plants withstand even peafowl.
This is what I want to know, too.

There's some info and pictures on Metzer Farms website that describes how they hung their top netting. They used some sort of cap on top of their posts to prevent rubbing.
http://www.metzerfarms.com/BreederPenConstruction.cfm?CustID=2118982

WOW! Awesome aviary I am still in the process of trying to get the land next to us. Do you think two wood and two bahamians would be fine with a 10 X 10 cage with a water trough they will only be in it sleeping and when i am gone

Sorry i forgot to mention this in the last comment but it has nesting boxes a wood duck box and a piece of wood for them to roost on and also when i travel do you think they will be fine in two cages that are about 3 X 4

No, they won't be ok in there. Keeping an area that small suitably clean, especially while you are "away" isn't possible.

DT

Back
Top Bottom