Pictures Of Your Little Ducklings!!

That is adorable, are you going to get it a friend or 2? this time of year craigslist ought to have ducklings listed. No pressure just they do so much better with others.
smile.png

Is this little guy going to make it? He hatched under my black Swedish yesterday late afternoon. This morning I found him outside of the nest about a foot away. He still has quite a bit of yolk to absorb. I have him on heat and gave him a little water. He is active and responsive.

Is this little guy going to make it? He hatched under my black Swedish yesterday late afternoon. This morning I found him outside of the nest about a foot away. He still has quite a bit of yolk to absorb. I have him on heat and gave him a little water. He is active and responsive.
do you have some Vertricyn spray or betadine? you need to clean that up, is it the yolk sac? looks awfully bloody but main concern now is infection. Sure hope it makes it.. if you have to use betadine mix it with warm water to look like weak tea.

Last edited:
OK, Thank you. I will have to try the betadine, that other stuff was just too expensive for me right now. I did buy some Poultry Aid, do you think that would be any better than betadine?

OK, Thank you. I will have to try the betadine, that other stuff was just too expensive for me right now. I did buy some Poultry Aid, do you think that would be any better than betadine?
Not sure what it is but if it's for treating wounds and infection I'd try it as soon as possible, looks like someone may have tried to eat the yolk sac.

Poulty Aide is for wounds and abrasions. It read the same as the vertricyn just different ingredients. The sack is a bit small, and he is even more active, try to get out of box. Do these ever fall off? Or must they be absorbed?

Back
Top Bottom