Pictures Of Your Little Ducklings!!

Is this little guy going to make it? He hatched under my black Swedish yesterday late afternoon. This morning I found him outside of the nest about a foot away. He still has quite a bit of yolk to absorb. I have him on heat and gave him a little water. He is active and responsive.
He died overnight. He decline was so slow and agonizing. Hate that.

On a happier note though, Daphne has 3 health Black Swedish babies under her and several more have pipped. This girl is crazy but I think she will be a good momma.

That is adorable, are you going to get it a friend or 2? this time of year craigslist ought to have ducklings listed. No pressure just they do so much better with others. :)

Absolutely, I haven't had any luck with CL, so I was thinking of ordering from Metzer since I can get a minimum of 2 through them.

My camera has a front facing LCD screen, so he is not camera shy...lol

When I first got my Cayuga ducklings:

One had hit its beak and got sick:

Couple weeks(may 19th) after giving them antibiotics and they are health and the sick one is growing now:)

He died overnight. He decline was so slow and agonizing. Hate that.

On a happier note though, Daphne has 3 health Black Swedish babies under her and several more have pipped. This girl is crazy but I think she will be a good momma.

I'm sorry about the duckling, but Congrats on the 3 healthy ducklings so precious.

Absolutely, I haven't had any luck with CL, so I was thinking of ordering from Metzer since I can get a minimum of 2 through them.

My camera has a front facing LCD screen, so he is not camera shy...lol
Such good pics. are you going to order Mallards from Metzers or another breed?

Back
Top Bottom