[Pictures] Unsure of What's Happening?!

The bottle says "For Rapid Response: Feed directly in mouth 1 mL (cc) per 3 lbs of body weight. This little baby doesn't even weigh a pound? How much should I give her?
Do as @azygous advised ... Boiled egg yolk is mixed with feed, moisten to make a mash. Tofu is great too, mash it up, you can also mix the Nutri Drench with all of the above. In a bind, heating pad works or even an incandescent light bulb (40 - 60watt) in a clamp on reflector.

Possible as @Coops Dad said it's a bantam & it's good that you explain to your daughter it maybe a FTT also. Keep a close watch (due to size & possible activity level) the bigger ones don't "trample" it. You may need to separate if that starts to happen, use a small stuffed animal and/or mirror for a "buddy", and important its own heat source.

I've had a few cases of FTT, some made while some didn't but I did my best in all cases.

Attachments

• 0326 Mirror friend.jpg
    0326 Mirror friend.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 4
You may have ACV water for the flock, but for this chick if you wish to mix some Nutri-drench water for it, it's best not to mix any other additive into it.

A drop on the side of its beak will cause it to slurp it in. You can also put a few drops on any food it's going to eat. The Nutri-drench is going to be administered for two weeks max since longer would cause diarrhea so an overdose isn't likely. If the stools begin to get runny, then back off. It won't hurt the chick, but you don't need the mess.

And, in response to @Coops Dad, the chances of this being a FTT chick is 100 times greater than it being a bantam accidentally mixed in with the standards. FTT chicks, unfortunately are all too common. Every chicken keeper eventually gets one. It can be very heart breaking when you do everything possible and they do not respond, but some make it to adulthood. However, due to their small size and poor beginnings, they may have issues later on, including not being able to avoid a predator attack. They are vulnerable.

It's so tempting to want to rescue a tiny chick from the feed store chick tank, but these chicks will present challenges you may not have bargained for.

Back
Top Bottom