Pigeon flew into my chicken coop.

Forrest Burgin

Hatching
Mar 7, 2015
I have a pigeon that flew into my chicken coop one day and has decided to call that area home. So far the roosters and hens don't mind it and I really don't have a problem with it being in their but can someone tell me why its there. And why do ducks hate pigeons I also have a male duck that tries to attack the pigeon whenever it can. (you don't have to answer all of the questions just tell me why the pigeon is there).

Can someone tell me why its there. Food source (I would expect more pigeons to arrive shortly) And why do ducks hate pigeons I also have a male duck that tries to attack the pigeon whenever it can. Duck is protecting his territory from and invader and establishing a pecking order which is quite common in all birds.

Last edited:
How nice for you to have a new pet pigeon.

Is it tame... does it have a ring or leg band? I may be a lost fancy pigeon.. or lost racing homer.

It will live fine with your chickens.. and eat their food. Its a good idea to buy some mixed pigeon seed for it too.

If its a lost racing pigeon.. it will rest and fatten up.. and then probably decide to fly back to its loft... or it might like it in your coop and stay. If it stays a long time you might like to get it a mate......

IMG_2718.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2718.jpeg
    IMG_2718.jpeg
    306.7 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom