Pigeon that needed to be female somehow is a male

Mihai

Crowing
Jan 1, 2020
Singureni, Romania
2 Years ago I have paired and ashred split blue grizzle cock with a ashred split spread hen, I let them have an round and then split them apart. The round was an ashred grizzle and an blue grizzle, I was thinking that is pretty cool, a female and a male (at least genetic wise). Last year tried to pair them, the ashred grizzle paired pretty quick but his sister didn't want to pair and showed male like behavior. This pairing season I separated her with another hen (i am sure she is a hen because i have breed from her some babies) because they were kinda aggressive. They somehow paired up and had eggs and were fertile. Is it possible?

Somehow,,,, a cock pigeon got access,, and it is a mystery, but maybe someone is playing tricks on your behalf. (family member, or friend) :idunno

They somehow paired up and had eggs and were fertile. Is it possible?
Did you hatch those eggs ??

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:highfive:

They somehow paired up and had eggs and were fertile.
Did the eggs hatch?

Is it possible?
If the blue grizzle "female" was actually a male, that would explain pairing with a female, and the pair producing fertile eggs.

2 Years ago I have paired and ashred split blue grizzle cock with a ashred split spread hen, I let them have an round and then split them apart. The round was an ashred grizzle and an blue grizzle, I was thinking that is pretty cool, a female and a male (at least genetic wise).

I don't see how you would get a blue grizzle MALE from an ashred mother.
Could the puzzling blue grizzle actually have a different mother?
Maybe some other female laid an egg in the nest?

Somehow,,,, a cock pigeon got access,, and it is a mystery, but maybe someone is playing tricks on your behalf. (family member, or friend) :idunno

Did you hatch those eggs ??

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:highfive:
No cock got in.
The eggs were fertile and had shown some development but didn't let them hatch the eggs because I needed to pair the hen with another cock.

Did the eggs hatch?
Didn't try to see if the eggs will hatch but they were fertile
I don't see how you would get a blue grizzle MALE from an ashred mother.
Exactly, it's a mystery.
Could the puzzling blue grizzle actually have a different mother?
Maybe some other female laid an egg in the nest?
Nope, no other female got in. They got to make that round in a separate breeding box I have.

Maybe at the end of the summer I will pair it again but I was thinking on selling it because he(?) is just too aggressive and I have to keep it separate all the time or else it enters the boxes and breaks the eggs and is just a big burden.
Or I suppose you could butcher it, and see what gender of internal organs it has.

Back
Top Bottom