Pilgrim Geese thread

Tivona

Songster
8 Years
Jun 2, 2011
Oregon
There didn't seem to be a thread for Pilgrims when I searched so I am starting one. I wanted to post pictures of my babies anyway and this seemed like the easiest way.

Ready to hatch

Mother Pilgrim goose named Nimbo with first baby gosling to peek out. Others still hatching

Can't remember how old but under a week.

One month old exactly

One month old Exactly

Male pilgrim gander named Cirrus

I love this breed. Super sweet and color sexed. What do you think of Pilgrims? Do you have any?

Last edited:
Hi Tivona,

What a lovely goose family. : )
I've owned Pilgrims in the past, they're great.
I have five Pilgrim eggs in the incubator at the moment - due to hatch early next week.
Just candled and all are still viable.
I'm so looking forward to keeping Pilgrims again.
Good luck with your new babies.

Thanks blefk!
welcome-byc.gif
There seems to be a lot of interest in this breed but so few seem to have them. Please post pictures of them when they hatch if you can. I would love to see yours and others Pilgrims, adults or babies. I hope your hatch goes well!

Thanks blefk!
welcome-byc.gif
There seems to be a lot of interest in this breed but so few seem to have them. Please post pictures of them when they hatch if you can. I would love to see yours and others Pilgrims, adults or babies. I hope your hatch goes well!
I have pilgrim-types, they´re superb. Such calm geese. The first pic is mom with her tinies, two girls, four boys, then the other is the same family together with others. (The two larger grey goslings in the bottom pic are crosses).

There didn't seem to be a thread for Pilgrims when I searched so I am starting one. I wanted to post pictures of my babies anyway and this seemed like the easiest way.

Ready to hatch

Mother Pilgrim goose named Nimbo with first baby gosling to peek out. Others still hatching

Can't remember how old but under a week.

One month old exactly

One month old Exactly

Male pilgrim gander named Cirrus

I love this breed. Super sweet and color sexed. What do you think of Pilgrims? Do you have any?
I love your pics..4 girls, 3 boys? 7? Very nice! My youngsters are now about to enter their first breeding year, and are so quiet. I also have some cross-bred geese, and those young males are making far more noise! There are a few bits on here about Pilgrims, but not a lot. Let´s see if we can keep this thread going! ;)

Woke this morning to one of the eggs rocking. Checked and it looks like it's internally pipped - we may be in for an earlier than expected hatch! The pic below is of the first gosling from my last goose hatch - Gracie is always on standby for foster mom duty. ; )

I have pilgrim-types, they´re superb. Such calm geese. The first pic is mom with her tinies, two girls, four boys, then the other is the same family together with others. (The two larger grey goslings in the bottom pic are crosses).

Here´s one of the little lasses.....
Love the pictures! So pretty. That last one looks about the same as my babies age now. They just got one month old. Is that about the same for this one?

I love your pics..4 girls, 3 boys? 7? Very nice! My youngsters are now about to enter their first breeding year, and are so quiet. I also have some cross-bred geese, and those young males are making far more noise! There are a few bits on here about Pilgrims, but not a lot. Let´s see if we can keep this thread going! ;)
Yes, 4 girls and 3 boys. I am not to good at vent sexing so the color sexing of the Pilgrims is really great. I have seen a few threads asking stuff about the Pilgrims or mentioning them but nothing really like a thread for the breed. I am really hoping everyone with them or interested in them will post here. Pictures, comments or whatever. Seeing the different patterns of white on the females faces and the grey on the males will be helpful for many I think. I have searched the internet and there really aren't a ton of pictures of this breed. Breeds like Embdens, Toulouse, and Buff have pages and pages and pages of pics. There are some pictures of the Pilgrims but not really enough to get an idea of the patterns of white on the girls or grey on the boys. I think more would be interested in getting Pilgrims if they knew about them. That is part of why I wanted this thread. Info and pictures for all of us.

Woke this morning to one of the eggs rocking. Checked and it looks like it's internally pipped - we may be in for an earlier than expected hatch! The pic below is of the first gosling from my last goose hatch - Gracie is always on standby for foster mom duty. ; )

love.gif
So sweet! I tried to get a picture of a still wet gosling but Nimbo would only stand up for a second occasionally. I stayed by her nest for almost an hour trying to get the pic but never could. She would be in the way or the camera didn't have a chance to focus or she sat back down to fast. I will try again with for a picture on her next batch though.

Mine hatched at 32 days but as you can see from my picture they were under their mom. How long have you been incubating them? Your Gracie looks like a real sweetie. Please keep us posted on your eggs!

Back
Top Bottom