Pittsburgh, PA (AKA Steeler Country, West PA, East OH, North WV)!

bluey

thootp veteran
11 Years
Apr 10, 2008
Washington, PA
I noticed that there doesn't seem to be a list for us folks in the Pittsburgh region. Pennsylvania is too big a state and many of the folks on the PA threads live way too far away to consider many activities in the eastern part of the state. Therefore, we often share more of a kinship with our neighbors in eastern Ohio and northern West Virginia.

Just thought it'd be a good idea to get all the good folks in the PA, WV, OH tri-state area altogether on one thread.

bun.gif
So, come on folks in the Three Rivers area...do your thing!
bun.gif
woot.gif

Last edited:
Hi--this is my first post here! I live in the city of Pittsburgh (Friendship area). I actually don't have chix yet, but I've been wanting some forever and I think the hubby is now on board! So, I'm hoping to get some this spring/summer. We only have a small lot, so I'm thinking 3 to start with, and what I'd really like is an Easter Egger, a Salmon Faverolle, and a Welsummer. I know I can drive out to Meyer Hatchery and pick them up, or maybe order them from My Pet Chicken, but I'd love to find chicks (those breeds or something similar) nearby if at all possible, or split a larger order with someone, or something.

Also, can anyone direct me to the relevant Pittsburgh city ordinance on keeping hens? I know I researched it a couple years ago and decided it was fine (not specifically allowed, but not forbidden, either), but I'd like to hear what others have found out.

Thanks! Hope to be seeing more of you all!

Last edited:
Well my little Silver Sebright cockerel started crowing yesterday evening when I moved the little Buckeye pullets and cockerels into the main pen. So funny
lau.gif
Love hearing the first attempts at crowing....one of our Barred Rocks could only get out one note for the longest time, usually sounded more like he was trying to hack up a hairball than a crow!
gig.gif

I got way out of control but now I can control my addiction.
Ducks, chickens, turkeys, quail and one guinea hen.

I am getting some pigs in spring. Atleast that's my plan

Hello Everyone. I am located in Portersivlle, Pa about an hour north of Pittsburgh. I just wanted to let anyone know that may be interested that I will be starting to process poultry in the spring if anyone is in need. I am not looking to do any HUGE orders, but would be glad to do your older hens, roosters, or broilers if needed. I am not a USDA/PDA inspected facility, so your birds will not technically be legal for resell to other customers, but are perfectly legal for your own consumption. Please let me know if anyone is interested.

I live in Greenfield (about 3 miles east of downtown Pittsburgh). My boyfriend and I got 5 hens a few months ago. They're about 5 or 6 months old now but they haven't laid any eggs yet. I'd love to meet others in the city that have chickens.

Back
Top Bottom