PLANTED GARDEN TODAY - anybody planting yet?

I planted a ton of tomato and pepper seeds today and put them on the heat mat under lights. I am getting them started on time this year- yeah!! I think I will be growing all my tomatoes and eggplants in huge pots this year. The peppers and other stuff will go in the ground.

I am harvesting the squash that I planted a little over a month ago and am working on planting my cool weather crops.

So far, I have beets and onions sprouting. I planted collards, red cabbage, carrots and lettuce, but no sprouting yet.

I am always amazed at how impatient I am during the 7 - 10 day sprouting period, but how patient I can be during the 50 - 70 day growing periods. .
hu.gif

Today the ground is soft enough to start weeding. Got some, not near enough, rain from the storms. It's been so dry and the bugs so bad (I've identified yet another from the Ag watch list for imported pests) that the weeds were dying.

I've been sick so it's slow going. I'm inside drinking water and trying not to over do it. Does the garden work ever even get close to caught up? I'd like to see a BEFORE photo of those gardens in the magazines, before the crews do whatever they do to make'em so perfect.

Back
Top Bottom