platinum and silver coturnix quails

I didn't find anything saying you can't send eggs.

Here look

http://pe.usps.com/search/jsp/searc...eryParser=Simple&querytext=(egg)&dtype=2#hit0

They state
138.3 Eggs

138.31 Restrictions

Eggs may be sent only by Priority Mail International. See 550 for nonpostal regulations on dried whole eggs.
138.32 Packaging

Eggs must be packaged in the following manner:
Eggs mailed to any country except Canada must be placed in a metal egg container. Each egg must be packed in cushioning material. The metal egg container must be enclosed in an outer container of wood with cushioning packed between the two containers.
Eggs mailed to Canada may be packed either as prescribed in 138.32a or in a box of rigid material with a tight–fitting lid. Each egg must be wrapped in protective material and placed on end. Vacant spaces in the box must be filled with packing material to prevent the eggs from striking each other or the box.
138.4 Food and Other Perishable Articles

So where. Does it say you can't send eggs?

I'm guessing they must be classed as eating eggs.

Do you think if I enclose a few recipe cards lolol. Pickled chilli quail eggs are fab lol

What do you think?..

Customs says
Import.
Prohibited eat- products thereof. (foods)

Wonder why you can export then lol. It says nothing on customs export about food ..or eggs

So does that mean you can send me some?. Lololol

It's the Canadian laws that really make it hard, not so much the US laws. I have tried and tried time and time again to figure out how I can send eggs to the USA and like how it was already posted, it is a huge process that costs a ton and is only worth it for massive producers. I have bought eggs on ebay from the usa with no issues, from people who claimed to be NPIP certified but I never saw any paperwork, not even a declaration of what was inside the package. In canada, acording to the CFIA and Canada post, fertile eggs are considered live animals and are subject to the same laws.

The best way to get around it would be for someone to physically move the eggs over the border, and then ship them from a usa post office.

PS - silvers are my FAVOURITE! I used to have a ton of them, started from one rooster. it seems to be partially dominant because once I had one silver roo I soon had dozens of them. They came from UBC labs that were studying glaucoma, which is why they have the tendancy to go blind early in age if they are inbred.

Perry Schofield has done an amazing job at keeping the silver gene going in Canada he is the major breeder and one of the few in Canada keeping them going. He has worked out a deal with someone in the U.S. to trade birds so all you quail lovers in the states should keep an eye out, they will be in the states soon! If any of you already have silvers and would like platinum, just try breeding your silvers to an english range bird. You will get a cool new colour after breeding them!

Yeah Perry is awesome, I've gotten a lot of birds and eggs fro, him over the years. First thing I'm going to do once I'm settled out of uni is hit him up for some quail - esp. those silvers.

Is anyone selling any hatching eggs for the silver and platinum coturnix? I would love to be able to get some if possible they are gorgeous birds :)

Back
Top Bottom