Please Help! Biting 4 mo. Chicken!!!!!!

I have to leave at 5 and i get home at 8 and i do have a big container but they go through it so quickly since i have a few ducks with em .

You need to get a hold of her and show her who is boss. Hold her under your arm and put your hand over her head till she submits. I say she is trying to establish pecking order and she wants you to be low on the list.

Yeah, Ill Try that, mine swarm me too but shes the only one that bites and they get like 6 small small servings of food everyday
they should have food available to them at all times in a feeder. You just fill up the feeder every couple days. Going outside to "feed" the chickens is just a matter of filling up the feeder (which already has food in it). That way when you go outside to see them they are not associating your visit with food. That being said, we have one large Cuckoo Marans hen named "Zeuss",,,she is pretty aggressive and almost acts like a rooster. She fluffs out her neck feathers and gets after my daughters (8 and 11 yr old) sometimes, kinda funny to watch. She tried it on me once or twice, but whenever she did I picked her up under one arm and carried her around for a bit....she got the message that I'm bossman of MY backyard
big_smile.png

The chicken sounds like a rooster that has had too much attention. Also keep a feeder full of a completely balanced food so it doesn't have any cravings. I'm betting it was an over handled rooster though.

Im not "letting" it bite me! I cant just say "dont bit me chicken"
You are letting it walk up to you, and put it's mouth on you and bite you. You are allowing this to happen! Don't let the bird get that close to you. Words won't work, chickens don't speak verbally. Push it away. I'm not talking about kicking, although I would boot a bird that bit me, I'm talking about using your foot to push it away. When it gets close to you, stomp at it and yell a little, shoo it off and make it move away from you. You are the boss of a chicken, it shouldn't be the boss of you. I can't imagine you'd let any other animal come up and bite you repeatedly?

I dont just talk to it!!!! Thats what im trying to say i swat it away and yell and push it away, i dont just sit there and let it bite me

Back
Top Bottom