Please help; hatchery fiasco…10 unknown chicks!!

Pics
Well I did have one white leghorn from Ideal that took FOREVER to get a big floppy comb--so much so I thought I had an easter egger!

I had a male silver phoenix with an assortment once, they should be smaller than the leghorn, not the other way around. Could she just be a runt, or bantam silver leghorn? Oh, they do have leghorns with rose combs FWIW, at some hatcheries.
I honestly have no idea.
I was just trying to get an accurate method so I could sell them.
I wanted to keep them & Hammy. But they’re smaller & being harassed even by the Bresse & Leghorns.
Had a polish like that last year; ran because they constantly picked on him. (Plus his hair do.)

You could say something like "pullets from McMurray Hatchery Rare Breed Assortment" (or whatever hatchery and assortment name are actually correct.)
This was basically the overstock bin.
See we ordered 12 Bielefelders & to get the order we had to have 27. So got that assortment to keep what we wanted & sell rest. But a totally fiasco happened and only ended up with 10 of 28 alive. Most being the random assortment & no paperwork telling you what it could be.

This was basically the overstock bin.
See we ordered 12 Bielefelders & to get the order we had to have 27. So got that assortment to keep what we wanted & sell rest. But a totally fiasco happened and only ended up with 10 of 28 alive. Most being the random assortment & no paperwork telling you what it could be.
In that case, "pullets from ____ Hatchery, breeds unknown" would be accurate (for the ones where you are sure they are pullets, of course. Otherwise they would be "cockerels from....") :)

Back
Top Bottom