Please help ID...

Thanks, A.F., she and her sister are almost identical. In fact, it took a long time before I could really name them and tell them apart at all. They have a very chunky body type and I'm anxious to see what color eggs they lay, coming for that EE dad.

chickbea, it is plastic and has about 28 holes, I think. I got it at a Western Store where they also sell feed and supplies in addition to saddles and boots. The only problem with it is that they tend to stand on top of it and poop in it some. I got it since I had almost that many chicks and I thought that many head holes would be good. They do come in shorter sizes, too.

Last edited:
Krisrose's chick never had the fuzzy feathers, except on her bun. Her body has caught up to the others, but her head looks really small....flat feathers...no fuzz where the other chicks have the fuzzies. She's a strange looking chick right now, but bet she'll grow up beautifu. You know the story.. ugly duckling to a beautiful swan... She never looked like a Autralorpe chick, either. So, we're still waiting to identify her!
big_smile.png

Wow, Speckledhen, that is a very pretty girl. I'd be thrilled to have a pretty lady like that. She also has black legs like Gracie so I guess I will have to wait to see what her eggs look like.
I don't think she is an Australorp because as a chick she looked nogthing like them, or , as a matter of fact, like any other chick on MM web site.
So I'm between a Sex-Link (Black Star) and a BR and EE cross. I'm happy I got her even if she screams like she's being skinned alive everytime I pick her up!!!
Thanks again for your help!!

WOWWEE!!
ep.gif
!! I could only hope its a Black Sumatra!! But I've talked to the feed store and they get their chicks from Townline Hatchery here in MI. They are very nice chicks but a limited selection. They do have Black sex-linked and Australorps. I'm pretty sure Gracie is a Black Sex-Linked but I'm going to root for that Black Sumatra!!!

I'm going to ammend my previous statement that black sex-links don't have black legs....

My 2 girls have started getting a darker coloring to the top of their feet and front of their legs. It's not really black, but kinda light grey. It may continue to darken, maybe not- but it could look like the picture on feathersite we previously spoke about. Sooo- I change my vote to Black Sex-Link!!

Back
Top Bottom