please help identify this goose

Lead and zinc test came back this week. Negative, she was not exposed to heavy metals.... since i am an employee, our clients pets take presidence over our own. so LuLu has been in the fridge for almost a week without a necropsy. i decided to send her for cremation today only after speaking with a pathologist from Ohio Dept. of Agriculture (the people here are always so nice and helpful, i love them)
I gave LuLu's symptoms and test results...
acutely lethargic/ataxic, within 24-48 hr was unabke to stand, no muscle control of her head or neck-all worsening by the day. Elevated white blood cell count, anemic, negative lead and zinc test. The senior pathologist stated that with this, he would be concerned for New Castles Disease, possibly even botulism.
This to me was answer enough to get her out of the fridge...It has been very depressing, and such a long week...wondering what happened...and why I couldn't fix her.

What an ordeal having to wait so long for answers.

I hope you have some peace of at least knowing she didn't have metal poisoning, Was she around other birds where she could have come in contact with New castle Disease? botulism could very well have been the culprit.

Thank you so much for letting us know the symptoms.and the info.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom