Please Help me ID these Black Banties

BobbieJo81

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 28, 2013
They were bought as Black Dutch, which they are not..they have black ear lobes--
They are TINY, smaller than my Silkies and lay a smaller egg (same light brown). The roos weigh maybe 3 pounds and the hen weighs 2-2.5#. They are very friendly--much more so than my Silkies--the hen loves to roost on your shoulders and the roos are the sweetest, they make my Silkie roos look mean...lol..They do have a slate grey leg like a Dutch, but I dont know what other breeds have that..

Anyways, I posted pics of them when they were a couple months old and everyone said to wait until they grow up..and I still dont know what they are..lol..(the hen--and her mutt roo that she bonded with)

(The 2 roos)

(Got a lil frostbite this winter--It got COLD here a few times)

(Their legs)

(Front view)

(Side view of the hen)

(Another of the hen)

These guys looked like penguins in their coloring as chicks..I do plan on penning the hen with one of the roos in the next couple days in order to get some pure eggs from them to go in the next batch of bator eggs--I have a few of hers in there now, but they are most likely by the red roo, if not a SIlkie)..Ay insight on their breed or possible cross would be greatly appreciated!!

This is what they looked like as babies..all 3 hateched from the same pen, so def all the same breed..

they have red and white earlobes, the black feathers are covering the actual ear those feathers are there to help keep dirt out of the ear canal

Back
Top Bottom