Please help me save my bird

Screenshot_20230707_123301_Gmail.jpg

"A quick update- all bacterial cultures of liver, intestine, lung and spleen are negative. I'll have further updates after I receive histology slides."
You must be so frustrated. Gosh I am so so sorry. I hope you get answers soon and can save your precious little ones.

I don’t know what I would do in your situation except everything you have done. You are an amazing chicken mama. Don’t lose hope and remember we are all here for you. We will celebrate, mourn, cry and laugh along with you. You’re not alone. ❤️❤️❤️

Still no new news.

I've moved the two girls in quarantine into the grow out pen. They have been away from the others for so long and not on medicine that I don't think it's fair to keep them in such a small sterile place anymore. Neither bird has laid an egg since this post was first made.

Jasper has gained 18 grams and I can feel it in her breast, she is eating and feeling less sharp in the keel. She is also very spicy. Look at this posture. She was unhappy to be weighed and bit me many times. :) my sweet girl. Doing her best.
20230710_160456.jpg

Still no new news.

I've moved the two girls in quarantine into the grow out pen. They have been away from the others for so long and not on medicine that I don't think it's fair to keep them in such a small sterile place anymore. Neither bird has laid an egg since this post was first made.

Jasper has gained 18 grams and I can feel it in her breast, she is eating and feeling less sharp in the keel. She is also very spicy. Look at this posture. She was unhappy to be weighed and bit me many times. :) my sweet girl. Doing her best. View attachment 3574155
Her being spicy is great! She must feel so much better! I hope you hear news soon so you know what to do as soon as possible to keep the others safe and knowing what to avoid or look out for.

Still nothing. I have allowed Jasper and Aura back with the flock and things seem to be going well. I have been watching them very closely for two hours. So far no egregious behaviors. No spinning, no weird mouth sounds, no excessive violence or biting from others (superficial, brief violence, yes). Jasper has spent most of her time with me, under my feet or climbing me. She runs to me when another bird chases her and cries when I'm out of line of sight. I hope she can find a good buddy quickly.
20230715_091201.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom