PLEASE HELP

Animal-lady7

Chirping
Apr 11, 2021
The baby rescue peachick I am raising has suddenly gone down hill after abt 5 weeks of great health.
She has become more quiet and didn’t want to follow me just sits there or walks slowly.

After doing some reaserch I believe she has a dangerous type of worm but I’m not sure what wormer I can use on her.
She is constantly fluffed up but is still eating and doing healthy looking poops.

If you know what wormer I can use or think there is something els wrong with her from experience please help!

We don’t know anyone who keeps peafowl!
Thanks

Has the chick been getting grit? Often, around this time, a chick gets constipated from eating a lot of different new foods. Try coconut oil, about a teaspoon, directly into the beak. Chill pea size pieces and it's easier to push into the beak.

It's not too likely the chick has worms. But if you're concerned, @sloanbychoice has a good suggestion. Most vets will do a fecal test as long as you assure them you will be responsible for any treatment.

The baby rescue peachick I am raising has suddenly gone down hill after abt 5 weeks of great health.
She has become more quiet and didn’t want to follow me just sits there or walks slowly.

After doing some reaserch I believe she has a dangerous type of worm but I’m not sure what wormer I can use on her.
She is constantly fluffed up but is still eating and doing healthy looking poops.

If you know what wormer I can use or think there is something els wrong with her from experience please help!

We don’t know anyone who keeps peafowl!
Thanks
What is the name of the dangerous type of worm?

Have you treated for Coccidiosis? I do not have Peafowl, but my understanding is that a lot of folks use Toltrazuril for treatment of their Peas instead of Corid.

Back
Top Bottom