PLEASE share your pictures, any pictures!!!

ITS GREAT
big_smile.png
!!
Well you never know. What your not told you don't know
wink.png

So true!

these are my awesome "olive eggers" black copper maran over easter egger hen. so far this christmas i got my first egg from the oldest pullet. she has layed 5 eggs in one week!!!! her eggs are not olive though, but dark brown with speckles like a marans. so, i guess i can't call her my olive egger anymore:( her comb is not a pea comb, but pointy like a marans, a hint she should b a brown egger and not blue/green. her sisters combs are just begining to swell and i hope for pea combs as i want some olive eggs!!

this was my first olive egger hen i bought that turned out to be a rooster!!! the saddle feathers should have been a give away, but he didn't crow till he was a good 6-7 months old!!!!!! and his pea comb was slow to swell, didn't grow much till he started to crow at 6-7 months old. was birchen maran over americauna.

these are my first 3 eggs from my "olive egger" that is black copper maran over i was told americauna but i believe was probably an easter egger mom. i love her dark eggs but was hoping for olive. i placed and easter egger egg in the photo.

black copper maran crossed with easter egger hen. this pullet layed her first egg on this christmas. she is laying dark brown eggs like my black copper maran or welsummer, but smaller. i wanted olive eggs, but notice she has a regular comb not a pea comb, so no olive eggs.

love these girls beards!!!

Back
Top Bottom