Pleased help me

she is breathing and peeping, she doesn't want to leave the shell.. I opened it up more and every time I check on her she is sleeping

As Amy said, if you've hatched her this far and aren't seeing blood, I would take her on out. She'll be attached to the shell/membrane via (hopefully empty) blood vessels so be careful as you ease her out. You may have to clip them a bit. Just cut about an inch from her body. As before, if you see a lot of blood stop, apply pressure, and wrap her back up in wet paper towel.

Last edited:
.... As for the other [fully hatched] chick, if you want to move him to the brooder that's fine.....

The presence of fully hatched and vocal or peeping chicks spurs the whole clutch to make a greater effort to pip. Some places even sell audio recordings of peeping chicks that you can play back to your piping chicks at hatching time.

I have often wondered if a lack of audio stimulation is one reason that small clutches of chicks seems to hatch slower if at all.

The presence of fully hatched and vocal or peeping chicks spurs the whole clutch to make a greater effort to pip. Some places even sell audio recordings of peeping chicks that you can play back to your piping chicks at hatching time.

I have often wondered if a lack of audio stimulation is one reason that small clutches of chicks seems to hatch slower if at all.
I don't have that problem..lol I use this and have recommended it to many people explaining that once they hear internal peeping or have a pipper to play it periodicall through the day and when a chick is zipping to play it on a "loop". You can see the motivation that it brings especially with zipping chicks. My chicks are generally out w/in 15 minutes of the start of zip and mostly because of the audio stimulation.

0.jpg

My hatches are also pretty much complete within 48 from the first to hatch to the last to hatch.

She is still in the shell and keeps peeping but now she has a glaze over her eyes ,, this is horrible.. I feel stressed because I don't want the baby to die.. :(

Back
Top Bottom