PLESE HELP!!!! Chickens beak got bit off

Pics
Oh my goodness what an amazing story. What a delight! I am thrilled for you both that you have not only gotten into to a routine together but look forward to it and enjoy it. Sigh a sweet sweet girl. You have done an amazing job tmlpike and I'm afraid you have a new bestie. She looks so great and lovely and sounds like she is getting a great buffet to stay healthy!!! Keep it up and thanks for the pictures.

it's really interesting to see how the edges of the beaks that looked so cracked and jagged are smoothing out and healing.

So sweet to hear how you've bonded with her. :)

@tmlpike Wow... Look at how fat she is!! You have done wonders for her. Great job! Please... please keep us updated. And she is tamed now. My girls do not like me unless I have treats. Good for you and Fuzzy Bum!
D.gif

I have been following these posts... what a wonderful person you are to help this poor girl out through such a traumatic event for the both of you.

I have a question for all of you, since she states that the beak looks like it is smoothing out do you think that this beak will regrow?

Anyway you are a special person with a special bird.

Wow what an inspiring Girl you are! and an inspiring Chicken!!! I've been following your threat... I'm so thrilled she has made i! I use "Banixx" on all wounds, it's like "purple stuff" for horses. it promotes healing in skin, nails, fur & feather folicals etc... I've rescued many animals and it takes gobs of love & patience. If you get the "Banixx" it may get the beak of Fuzzy Bum healing faster so she can start scooping water with it. That's going to be a big hurdle for her. I've had many animals and birds I've treated with it. It's not expensive and really works. It also keeps out infection as it promotes healing.

Here is a photo of our little Rudy when my twins and I had him. Now of course he's out on his own with his little herd, and with your help she will too!!!

So, so happy to see she's doing so well and getting to be outside with the other chickens some. It's hard to look at those pictures of her right after the attack- but she's come so far!

You are doing a wonderful job with Fuzzy Bum. She looks great! I think your dad has lost his share of the sardines. :) She is so lucky to have you. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom