PLESE HELP!!!! Chickens beak got bit off

Pics
Fuzzy Bum is just t o o funny ! My goodness she is vocal ! So happy to see her so happy. I think you are going to be hand feeding her "forever" thought. Her poor little beak ! So sad. Had a thought, Have your given her any Kaytee Exact ? It is espically for birds, you mix it with water. She might be able to eat that on her own. You have both done a great job ! I am unofficially making Fuzzy Bum MY BYC mascot.

ahhh! she looks so great and happy! she LOVES you! what a sweet sweet girl (and you too!!!) thanks for sharing the pics and video. such a happy ending from all of your hard work.

Awwwww. She is sounding like a very happy chicken
D.gif

It was so wonderful to see the video of Fuzzy Bum- she looks and sounds TERRIFIC!!! Bless you and your family for all you did for her! This has been such an amazing story to follow, and I think we have all become quite attached to little Fuzzy Bum...!
love.gif

Been following Fuzzy Bum and so glad she is doing so well. I have a hen in the 'hospital' right now and when I was feeding her last night I thought of Fuzzy. I gave my girl some grit with her hard boiled eggs last night and she was more interested in eating the grit than she was the eggs. I think we forget sometimes chickens need grit to digest their food. Just saying ....
This is REALLY a crazy idea but is there a university with a poultry dept.any where near you ?
I just wondered if there is would they be interested in 'making' Fuzzy Bum a new beak. Sort of a experiment type project. Maybe grafting or 'gluing' her a beak from a deceased chicken. I know it really sounds nuts but I was just trying to think for something that might help her to eat better. Maybe someone else in he BYC family has some ideas ? Okay, pretty silly idea. I'm going to get back in my straight jacket now.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom